Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK Multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have used the DarkGDK for a while now and in general I feel that it is a good kit, with a few hiccups of course! Anyway, I am trying to experiment with the kit\'s multiplayer capabilities but unfortunately there seem to be no tutorials on this that came with the kit, nor does there seem to be any online so I was wondering if anyone could guide me through the process of setting everything up and how the synchronising works etc.

Thanks in advance

good things come to those who rate!

"I hate you all" - Simon Nicholls
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 11:50
check DarkNet.
Rainbow Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
the two problems being the £20.00 cost and the fact that there is only 1 tutorial which is on how to make it run in MS C++...

I know there are multiplayer functions in DarkGDK but I haven't a clue what you need to do to initiate it all etc.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 16:25
Try multisync, I have tried that a little and it seemed pretty good to me.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 17:38
there is also RakNet i think , which is free and has good commercial value if you sell your product
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I know there are multiplayer functions in DarkGDK but I haven't a clue what you need to do to initiate it all etc."

They use DirectNet (or something, I forget what it's called), which I believe is no longer supported. It's not worth it to use the built in functions. I'd try multisync like matty halewood said.
Rainbow Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
downloaded RakNet but I can't figure out how to install it! I have followed the guides as well as trying to use the included projects which do it for you but they were made for VC++ 05 and there are some compatibility issues I think Anybody ever used RakNet with VC++ 08 that would be willing to help me?

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 12:36
if there arent any RakNet tutorials for VC ++ 2008,
you can always try, google for:

" multi - player games built with raknet / or using raknet library "
you'll probably get some finds , go into the indie ones you find , then ask in their forum..

google for:
"how to use RakNet Visual C++ 2008"

maybe you should check MultiSync also...
Cuddle Bunniezzz 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 16:42
Try HawkNL

http://hawksoft.com/hawknl/

It hasn't been updated since 2003, but it's still a good networking SDK.

http://www.darkgdk.us/ <- You can now submit pages, upload images, yet were lacking content. We need your help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 01:34:00
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 01:34:00