Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] Having trouble learnine to make simple games.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Trying to work out the amin funtions in a simple game.Aparrently the internet is hopeless in finding someone to find this out so i hope someone can help me with this.And by the way this is in darkBasic Professional.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 18:15
By the title it seems like you might be a student that's hit crunch time before a project is due?? (I could be wrong, it's been known to happen..)

Try and be more specific about the help you need. The title would have gained some more positive attention with something like, "Need help with animation commands".

In your message, try and be specific about the troubles you are having with those commands. Show some code examples of what you have so far. That goes a long way towards getting help faster.

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 21:20
Please take the time to read the following thread before posting again - it will save you (and us) a lot of bother in the future...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=116024&b=10

TDK

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2010 15:10
Jacob, I rejected your posts because no-one here needs to know how old you are. If your posts follow the guidelines in the link that TDK gave you then everyone here will be most happy to help you out, and the more detail you give, the more likely you'll get the help you need.

Jacob_010
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you mean you rejected my posts!I feel freaked out now and how do you reject posts anyway.I can't seem to and stop being freakey(and i have followed the guideliness in the link and it was KISTech i was talking about.Sorry TDK if you thought i meant you.Really am.)
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 15:18
I'm a forum moderator - one of many, as is TDK. When you are under post approval as you are now, the post won't go anywhere until a moderator has approved it ... like I have just done with this last post of yours.

When I said 'no-one here needs to know how old you are', I meant that no-one here needs to know how old you are. We do this to protect you (see the Acceptable Usage Policy, section 3.18). This was the only reason that I rejected your posts.

Anyway, chill out and don't worry about it - you haven't done anything that could get you kicked out of the forums.

Jacob_010
Years of Service
User Offline
(also reject this post because this is between you and me just post this forum again.)Oh so that's why i see "moderator" on that.This will probaly go to the wrong guy.Oh well.I have never have a pblic computer thing happen to me like this.But i don't know what to say next so yeah,But what is exactly TDK? if it's a company then why aren't you?If there is anything you can tell me about your jop.Please let me know
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 15:42
Quote: "But what is exactly TDK?"

Well, he claims to be Human, but there are other theories ...

No, all of the moderators are simply long-term users of DarkBasic, both original Classic and Professional, or FPSC, who have been given a little extra responsibility in helping to support the forums and the community - stopping spam, stopping arguments getting out of hand, stopping abuse etc.

Jacob_010
Years of Service
User Offline
funny.why don't i get to wait for my post to turn up now?
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2010 19:43
You have simply come out of the post approval phase. This only exists so we don't get idiots arriving on the boards and instantly causing havoc/spamming etc.

Once we know you aren't in this category, your posts appear straight away without us having to read them first.

We do however have the ability to put someone back on post approval if they then flaunt the forum rules or otherwise cause disruption.

TDK

Jacob_010
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh and the last,eww, about 5 posts and the rejected ones(which were not supposed to be posted because i thought they didn't get posted anyway) were completely pointless and i know how to be more picific
about who i'm talking to by quotes
nitrohaze
Years of Service
User Offline
Jacob,

Whats the problem you have?
Jacob_010
Years of Service
User Offline
None of your beeswaax!I'm just confused why everyones picking on me.
Look at this.http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170195&b=2I tried and still people are telling me about stuff.At first i thought the forum didn't work so i accidently posted something(it wasn't bad.But it wasn't very good for me) so the moderater told me he rejected those posts.I was happy but the way
he said it was confusing.I'm just new.Okay!?!?!?!?
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
"Having trouble learnine to make simple games." it`s like saying i`m lazy, that`s why everyone is picking on you.Ask something more specific.I`m havibg troubles making complicated games, and so what?

Begin some project then organize it, go coding and if you hit an obsticle go here and ask for help, but please be specific what you did not understand, and be sure you checked tutorials and searched somewhere for solution in the forums with your problem.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
Jacob_010
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 01:41 Edited at: 21st May 2010 12:26
No no.Not thatsort of picking.some in other posts.Some outside of cyberspace.it's different.Everyone expects you to know stuff.When i ask about FPI scripting, they just type me the code,expecting me to know where to writeit.

I'm satisfied with this thread.TGK has given me a thread.So don't worry.There was just one little thing(up)

And guess where my obstical was? At the start!!!

By the time this post was finished, i learn't a bit and it's abit like C++ except you can do 3D objects and stuff
Jacob_010
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 12:23 Edited at: 21st May 2010 12:23
Funny. I asked to learn about dbpro learning because i was bored out of my guts and i like learning.

But now it's turned into learning how forums work and people getting into my persanol space!!!

What is happening. And i think the moderator can change the title so he can change it if he likes!
Get a new name1
Years of Service
User Offline
So do you still need help and you never posted the code pieces for other people to look at in order to help you?
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 18:58
@Jacob_010 You need to stop focusing on the people here that are getting into your space, And focus on what you want to learn. Yes some people here may strike you as rude etc, But you get that on all forums. There is some great people here mods and a fare bit of users who create some fantastic stuff. But you also got to take a step forward and show them you want to learn. (And no its not me getting into your space)

======================================
Jacob_010
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright. Just people stop posting here. The next time a post i'll be precise since i've learnt a bit.
Jacob_010
Years of Service
User Offline
But seriously...
The first reply really ticked me off.
How is dbpro possibly got to do with school?

I'm only... i can't say my age so i'll say if there was an age to have a project like this.I would be a younger person than that!
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 13:46 Edited at: 1st Jun 2010 13:48
Quote: "if there was an age to have a project like this.I would be a younger person than that!"
don't boast around the forum that your young because we don't care how old you are there's no age limit in this program!
Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 16:53
And why did you reply a week later just to say that?

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Please leave this thread to sink!

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
Jacob_010
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 10:49 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2010 10:51
right...

da2020:I don't mean to.I just mean... well,I can't say my age can I
.So don't take it that way.

Jaeg:Because i only just thought of it and it's actually about 3 weeks.

luskos:alright.One more reply from you guys and that's it.I'll leave that to the moderater if he likes!
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 14:14
alright we all just shut up and leave this thread alone.

DA2020 Give me your money!
Jacob_010
Years of Service
User Offline
RIGHT!lol
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2010 17:00
And to make absolutely sure, I'll turn the key...

TDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:26:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:26:01