Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Fullscreen (dbSetWindowOff();) changes my 3D Axis

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 19:55 Edited at: 19th Apr 2010 20:23
Hey all, first forum post from me and I'm a complete novice with C++ & DarkGDK so be gentle please,

cavat, Search function already used all 15 results didn't resolve my issue.

The problem I am having is when entering FullScreen my application doesn't function the same way as in Windowed mode, for some reason the Axis seem to change.

The Windowed mode is the end result I am after, but in Fullscreen mode.

Here is the code

I can remedy this by using dbXRotateCamera (90); just after dbSetWindowOff(); but why is this happening?

Any help would be appreciated.
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 21:37
When DarkGDK (or any other DirectX program) changes resolution or goes into/out of fullscreen, it also has to reset its internal state or something along those lines and recreate everything.

Put the call to dbSetWindowOff before dbPositionCamera and it works.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
Emo Philips
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 21:45
yeah, when anything related to the present parameter changes ( like the resolution or multisampling ), directx applications have to re-create the device ( IDirect3DDevice9 ), but, sadly, GDK does not handle it well, as it doesn't re-load the media that was released when device is re-created

Moops
Years of Service
User Offline
Many thanks for the explanation, literally took your example and that never worked.

However moving the dbSetWindowOff(); to the top of my initialisation code seemed to work.

new working code

Cheere

Moops

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 01:29:17
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 01:29:17