Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Random Music Help - Newbie once more

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 22:26
Lol - okay so I know how the Checklist and file commands can help you read and write to files in directories as well as just open them in general - But I've created a checklist from my music directory and have outputted the file names to a string randomly... and them I assign the shjkhk\dghjkga\music\ prior to the actual string... I've printed the string to the screen and it is correct, but the music will not load. If I copy the string from the screen and put it in directly, the music loads... but not when adding
It's not in any loop and is called when the program starts... any ideas why it wont load?

Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pale of water... but Jill got tired of his s#%& so she shot him.
Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 23:35
Do you actually have a Play Music command in your code?

Gingerkid Jack - Aspiring Game Designer\3d Modeler
Daryn Alsup
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2010 00:36

Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pale of water... but Jill got tired of his s#%& so she shot him.
Daryn Alsup
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2010 00:37
I forgot to say that's what I'm doing and it doesn't work

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2010 21:22
Quote: "Load Music "Dir1\Dir2\Music\"+RandomMusicsName$, 1"

Is the Dir1 folder inside your project directory and contains the Dir2 folder (and the rest)?

That path format is a relative path format and will fail if Dir1 (and the rest of the path) isn't in the project folder.

A hard-coded path would also include the drive letter, but that method isn't recommended either.

Finally, please use the Edit button in future to avoid multiple posts.

TDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:31:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:31:22