Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Maze Ball v0.2 demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 10:36
http://jerico2day.tripod.com/mazeballV0.2.zip

My little maze bouncy ball type game. Use the arrow keys to move the ball around.... Can you beat level 5?? Soon to come, music, more and better mazes and lotsa other stuff

Tell me what you think!
ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 19:48
hehehe...this was great! an excellent proof of concept and a great start to what could be an great game!

things that would be neat to see:
- baddies
- spring boards (to reach higher areas)
- some tips/tricks between levels (i had a hard time until i figured out how to bounce off the walls to get up to higher places

hope to see some great progress on this!

-= i only do what my rice krispies tell me to do =-
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 21:59
spring boards! I never thought of that You can expect that in the next ver.. baddies, been thinking of that... after that last level i decided to make it a maze/platform type game...but anyways... thanx for the reply
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 15:01
nice!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 21:34
I'm also working on the same game. Got the source from AnalSauceMonkey's "Cool Game".
I'm gonna steal some of your ideas, if thats ok with you.

TheCyborg Development.
http://TheCyborg.Amok.dk
The Ultimate Source To DarkBASIC Programming.
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 11:57
thats alrite by me
NTekk
Years of Service
User Offline
Than pretty cool thanks!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 05:41
finally after how many tillion tries i finally completed it. That vertical parth where you put like 4 - 5 blocks stacked untop oneanother was a bastard, i was stuck there for hours. Cool Game, kinda got me addicted, i just had to pass it before i stopped playing.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Luke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 21:32
Is that level with almost no blocks beatable?
I think the step from the one before, to that one it to great a step. You need to work the way up in difficulty, no tjust throw 4 easy levels the suddenly one hard one, so I suggest you throw a semi-hard level in between the two.

www.CyberLuke.com
Luke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 21:54
I just beat the last level, the one I thought was unbeatable. But the bad thing is, right when I got to the spinning triangle, it had an "Error 99" so I might have a closing error.

www.CyberLuke.com
Luke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 21:55
I just beat the last level, the one I thought was unbeatable. But the bad thing is, right when I got to the spinning triangle, it had an "Error 99" so it might have a closing error.

www.CyberLuke.com
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 23:19
yeah i have to agree with cyberluke, the jump in difficulty was too great, it took me seconds to pass te first 4 and hours to pass the 5th. I had the same error but i think it was intentional, there wasn't anymore stages after that!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 00:32
no, actually i found that error... it happens cuz i like to use functions what happened was an obscure error due to the way i was using functions..and it was pissing me off as i couldnt find it... i didnt realize the last level would give you the error.... nothing happens afterwards anyway except for the credits... The reason the last level was there was because i wanted to demonstrate the differant type of levels one can do in this sort of game... the first four are mazes, and the last one is more of a platform.... sorry for making it so difficult tho^_^ expect to see some cool stuff in the next version, such as blocks that make u jump really high, "sticky" blocks, and very big levels..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:02:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:02:41