Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Licensed plug-in not recognized by compiler

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is probably a frequently asked about problem. I just purchased the Dark Game Studio Bonanza, and while trying to use the "Hello World" tutorial in the Dark Basic Professional online, once I press F5, I get the licensed plug-in not recognized by the compiler. Any way to fix this problem.
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any info on which licensed plug-in cause this?

More info, more feedback.

I think you maybe install some plugin in "plugins-licensed" or "plugins" folder while you need to put it in "plugins-user".Or other combination, but anyway wrong folder.

Installing of plugin in wrong folder can cause something like this.I make a test moving one of plugins in use from "plugins-user" to "plugins-licensed" where it should not be, and the result was that simple code like this :

produced synax error, while it should work.

Strongly recomend to check your plugins and move them to apropiete folders.If you get confused which go where you can backup any code you make so far and uninstall dbpro + fresh install.And ask if you doubt about something.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
Submariner
Years of Service
User Offline
The message does not list the name of the plug-in, just that the plug-in is not recognized by the compiler.

I will check the folders and see if during the installation the plug-in's made it to the wrong folders. Thanks.
Lifebandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 15:15
Don't know if this will help but when I purchased the studio and went to install it, it asked me for the registration info after each app/add-on install. I just closed it and installed the others figuring on registering them after I had em all installed. Nope! The IDE/compiler would not recognize any of the add-ons or plug-ins and would not bring up the window to allow me to register them. I had to completely uninstall all of it and reinstall, registering everything before continuing with the next one. After that, everything worked like a charm.

Hope this info helps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:27:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:27:38