Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK Crashes VS IDE (Unstoppable processes)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
I've recently been struck with a sudden bunch of issues creating a 3D game in DarkGDK with C++. Basically, the first time I run/debug any 3D game, it builds, says 'build succeeded," starts the process and then sits. Nothing happens until I press the Stop debugging button. at that point, it chokes and nothing seems to happen for a few minutes until i get the below error message about it not being able to stop the process and that the debugger is still attached to the process. The problem occurs with any DarkGDK 3D game project I run in VS2008. Console apps work fine.

Any help would be appreciated, and sooner is better as I've got only a handful of weeks left to finish this game before finals.

Thanks in advance,
~Kai

--
The process is unstoppable. end process does nothing, and it only clears after I close VS2008.
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 03:20
Has it always done this or did it just start?

Does it do the same thing when you run an empty DarkGDK project?

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
Emo Philips
Kaichiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Just started. All DarkGDK projects crash on me. I installed it on my desktop and ran the same projects just fine. Reinstalled VS2008, DarkGDK and DX2007SDK on the laptop and no avail.
(Vista 64bit, if it helps.)
One thing I don't think I mentioned is that right before it broke, I plugged in a flash drive and upon removing it, every program I had running crashed... Hardbooted and had this problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 01:45:46
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 01:45:46