Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / ftp commands......

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i am trying to make an automatic ftp updating program for my online game....but my isp blocks port 21 so i have to use another port.....is it possible to connect to ftps on different ports than 21? i tried changing the url to mysite.com:1234 and it wont work.....
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2003 13:15
Hmm. Where is the remote site you FTPing to? If it is an ISP's website they will always be on port 21 and there is no way you can change it. If it is your own server somewhere you can configure FTP to use whatever port you want. DBPro doesn't have a port parameter when you connect though, so assuem it defaults to 21. Doubt you can just tag port number on end (but may be wrong!).

I'm at work at mo, but will try tonight as I have my own FTP server software installed.

If your mansion house needs haunting, just call Rentaghost!
Orion Pax
Years of Service
User Offline
oh its my own ftp server on this machine....i know i can use my localhost or even my dns name of my computer or even my lan ip address but i want to make this program for people OUTSIDE of my network to connect to my ftp....and MY ISP blocks port 21 even tho they deny it like there aint no tomorrow, i know they do...no one can connect on port 21.

So yeah i try tacking the port on the end like a normal URL does and it dont work....and as far as i know DBC doesnt have a port parameter....oh well....be nice tho....
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 03:05
Sorry about delay but completely forgot about you!

Anyhow I use DBPro, not DB Classic. It appears port 21 is hard coded into the FTP command set. Presumably not a lot of work for Lee to add a port parameter to the ftp connect command but I doubt he will. I would also like to see commands to make and delete ftp directories but I doubt I will see these either.

If your mansion house needs haunting, just call Rentaghost!
Orion Pax
Years of Service
User Offline
those would be nice....especially the port....i didnt know it didnt have commands to delete directories on ftp...didnt look that far...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 00:59:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 00:59:51