Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Beggining programmer looking to find useful tutorial to build a clone of space invaders.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know of any useful tutorials or anything that could help really help someone who is just starting and already understands a the basic terms and an understanding of how DARKbasic works but doesn't know how to put a game together quite yet.

I'd rea;;y appreciate anyone with some advice
Thank you.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 14:59
do you have darkbasic classic?

It comes with that very game for an example code.

Development & Editting
Dia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 15:35 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2010 15:37
interestingly enough, some back issues of the Game Creators newsletter have just that - a space invaders tutorial!

Newsletter main page here
issues 45, 46 and 47 are probably what you are after

This is not the Sig you are looking for....
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 23:58
I wrote the tutorial above as an example of some good coding practises, specifically the use of a State machine. If you can understand this aspect, you'll be well on your way to writing easily modified code. I don't take any credit for the techniques (IanM introduced me to it at one of the conventions), they are standard methods of writing good code.

basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 15:57
I think it's better to get more knowledge of DBPro then you will be able to program the game. by the way, this game is very easy to program.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:26:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:26:28