Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Thraxas' Unnamed WIP

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 13:23 Edited at: 26th Jun 2010 03:37
Name: Unnamed WIP

Developer: Thraxas.

Version: X9

While I wait for the new terrain system from Rolfy to continue working on my RPG MOD game I decided to go back through some of my old .fpm files and see if there was something I started that I wanted to finish.

A LONG time ago I started working on this game, which is nothing more than a run 'n' gun type game. If it moves you shoot it. Heaps of ammo, heaps of health. And as much as FPSC will allow "heaps" of enemies to kill.

There's no custom media, just stock, model packs, TGC store, or anything that has been made freely available on the forums. The game does have lighting, but I hate these games where you can't see anything so it's pretty bright.

All I'm trying to achieve with this game is that it is fun to play, nothing more. So far I think it's pretty fun to play.

I've got a little bit of free time at the moment so I'm hoping to get a demo out in the near future.

A couple of screenshots and a video to start things off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft9807Lbeyw

Your signature has been [mod edited] :-p
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 16:19
Yay finally a game from you. Looks pretty good,I would tone down the lightrange to make it darke but not too dark.

A.K.A djmaster
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 17:33
always love to see mods making games, i love it. maybe give the character a nice shader.

have fun!

-mgarand

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice! i always been waiting for this time

i love medieval-modernday combinations

"Feel free in a world of madness,be the bright spot"
-Bloody James
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 20:18
I for one don' t like it... Maybe because it isn' t really graphical or those lobotomy's do not fit the medieval setting.

Quote: "
All I'm trying to achieve with this game is that it is fun to play, nothing more. So far I think it's pretty fun to play."

An interesing concept would be some kind of arena game with a machine where you can choose an enemy and use a switch which will spawn the enemie(s) you want to battle somewhere in the map.

Just an idea

keep working on this

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 21:24
Quote: "All I'm trying to achieve with this game is that it is fun to play, nothing more."

Nice It looks quite fun too. I am trying the exact same thing at the time!

The screenies look ok, not the best, you could add a shader to the freaks there, but it looks ok

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 14:31
I agree with Wolf about the lobotomys not fitting in it, but it looks nice otherwise!

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 01:23
Hmmm I'm not sure why they don't fit in. This is not a medieval game

Perhaps because I mentioned RPG MOD it's assumed this is an RPG MOD game. Work on my RPG MOD is on hold while I wait for the new terrain system as the flat ground is one of the things I was really unhappy about in that game. This game has no official setting, it's just shoot everything that moves.

Anyway, I have lots of free time this weekend, and it's a long weekend to boot. So updates are on the way.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 01:50
Quote: "Anyway, I have lots of free time this weekend, and it's a long weekend to boot. So updates are on the way."

Nice to hear

No, it was 'cause of the torches and this castle like cellar

-Wolf

(and shoot everything that moves is great for a person with gunfetish and huntinginstincts...like me. Yeah, ignore that sentence )

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 02:18
Quote: "No, it was 'cause of the torches and this castle like cellar
"

Oh ok. I suppose it does look sort of 'dungeony'.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 03:09
Exactly

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I like your work on this, Thraxas. Seems to have some very smooth gameplay. Keep up the good work.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 04:10
The pictures remind me of an old game named "Blood". It was fun too!

Brian.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 04:24
Looks good so far Thraxas.

- BlackFox

Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 08:20
Nice to see something from you. I like your gameplay style. Straight-foward. TO THE POINT. Bravo!

C.R. 2008

P.S.- So... what genre will this paticular game be? Is there a story to it? And on a side note, I would make it just a tad darker. With the lobotomy dude in those screens, it just kinda puts it off as a horror game. But that's just me. Good luck on this!

"Wether you think you can, or you think you cannot, you are usually right" - Henry Ford

THE ART OF DARKNESS IS COMING... 2012
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 13:03
Thanks for the positive comments from all

Quote: "P.S.- So... what genre will this paticular game be? Is there a story to it? And on a side note, I would make it just a tad darker. With the lobotomy dude in those screens, it just kinda puts it off as a horror game. But that's just me. Good luck on this!"

I suppose it doesn't really have a genre, it does have horror entities but it's not a horror game. There's no intention to scare at any point. I think I just want something like Doom or Serious Sam, where there are lots of enemies who you have to kill for no real reason. (I'm not trying to compare this game to those just trying to give an idea of where I was going with it).

There's no story beyond you wake up somewhere unknown and have to fight your way out. That's the reason I went with the characters I have chosen in the game (such as labotomy) because I felt it added to the uncomfortableness of being in an unknown place.

I've been doing some more work on this today in between going to the doctor and the optometrist. I've been using elements from the excellent model pack 41 for the environment. It's such a good model pack, and has given me a few ideas.

More screenshots tomorrow, and hopefully something playable by Monday

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 13:16
I just watched the video... It's awesome.

Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2010 10:05
Quote: "I suppose it doesn't really have a genre, it does have horror entities but it's not a horror game. There's no intention to scare at any point. I think I just want something like Doom or Serious Sam, where there are lots of enemies who you have to kill for no real reason. (I'm not trying to compare this game to those just trying to give an idea of where I was going with it).

There's no story beyond you wake up somewhere unknown and have to fight your way out. That's the reason I went with the characters I have chosen in the game (such as labotomy) because I felt it added to the uncomfortableness of being in an unknown place."

Ah... Thankx for clarifying. And when you said "unknown place". That kinda gave me an idea for the name of this project... "THE UNKNOWN NIGHTMARE". What do you think?

C.R. 2008

P.S.- Originally, I wanted say "The Unknown Feeling", but there's a Metallica song out there with the same name...

"Wether you think you can, or you think you cannot, you are usually right" - Henry Ford

THE ART OF DARKNESS IS COMING... 2012
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
i actually read the title like: The Traxas Unarmed WIP xd

keep this up

Everything needs a base of proof. But you must believe to accomplish it. Wich is one hell of a paradox.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2010 21:29
Quote: "The Traxas Unarmed WI"

Awesomest name for a game ever!

We all feed on tradegy, it's like blood to a vampire
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2010 13:58
Still working on it. I had some problems with FPSC. Nothing a uninstall/reinstall couldn't fix. But it did get me slightly behind putting out a demo.

Soon though.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Haha, u changed it to unarmed, Awesome!

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Bump!
any updates,Mod folk?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2010 03:37
I'm scared to critique this for fear I might be slapped

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2010 15:42 Edited at: 16th May 2010 15:42
Quote: "I'm scared to critique this for fear I might be slapped "

Stupid comment. Critic as u want.

To All: He is just somone whos trying to make a game, if u dont give feedback, it won't be good for quality of game.

Anyway,

Screens looking okay, but needs lightmapping. And maybe dark fog, so u can barely see there are more monsters coming.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 16:45
Quote: "so u can barely see there are more monsters coming."

I thought that dynamic stuff doesn't affect on fog...

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 00:18
Quote: "any updates,Mod folk?"

Nothing new at the moment. I'm pretty swamped with work at the moment (and for the foreseeable future) so don't expect any news for a couple of weeks.

Quote: "I'm scared to critique this for fear I might be slapped"

And so you should be. Red Eye has a 3209643029640823605 year ban for his comment in this thread! In all seriousness, if you have a comment make it. You're not going to be moderated for giving your opinion. Also if anyone said something out of line in this thread, *I* wouldn't moderate them. I'd make a post in the Mod's Lounge and let someone not as involved as I am make a decision.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 15:42
Nice! I like massacre so this will be fun!

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 23:45
Okay...Well....I'll go first...

It's looks like the greatest game ever made! In fact, it could be made greatestier by using better colored lights and turning down the ambiance a bit, BUT IGNORE THAT I'M SCARED NOW.

But yeah, try making the lights more orange, and turning down the ambiance.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 19th May 2010 00:19
It needs music. I think that would make it much more immersive, if you had some fast-paced music to go along with it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:14:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:14:49