Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / AArgh!! It's on my chest!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2003 15:12
I bought a new car yesterday. A Renault Clio 1.4. A lovely little motor. I have never owned a brand new car before, so I decided to celebrate and took my girlfriend away for the night in Ayia Napa.
Today, before coming home, we ate in the Jasmin Resteraunt and when we came out and went to my new car some $#!* had smashed into it!!!

No name, no number and nobody saw it. Now I have repair bills and I know that my new car will never feel new again, even after the repairs it will always be in the back of my mind that it has been smashed.

People like that - with no respect for other peoples property - really PI$$ me off.

There, I've got it off my chest. Now I feel better. Only very, very slightly but better anyway.

Thanks for listening.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2003 15:31
That sucks mate, I'll bet the driver had no insurance too , so even if you did catch him you probably end up footing the bill anyway.

I know a guy who smashed his new car (his own fault) on the way home from the garage, but he managed to write it off totally!.

So it could be worse.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2003 15:59
Not much!

A total write off would (in some ways) be better. At least I would have a brand new car again and not a repair job.

But what can you do eh?
Tears for spilt milk etc.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2003 16:26
Talk about unlucky.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2003 19:39
I see that you are in Cyprus...are you sure it wasn't an angry Turk?
(or is this too political?)

Just a joke - ha ha

-RUST-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 12:45:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 12:45:30