Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / GDKUtilities, a Math and String Library for DarkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 15:55 Edited at: 10th May 2010 17:44
Well I thought to myself, as everyone seems to complain about the string functions in DarkGDK due to memory leaks and whatever, I decided to create a library of functions that work like the GDK variants, but are safer and in some cases easier to use. Later on I expanded the library to include some common math functions that were missing in DarkGDK, like Distance functions, and now I've expanded it further to include Win32 functions. Who knows what will be added next.

Function Listing:

Anybody got any more function ideas?

GDKUtilities, a utility library for DarkGDK, avaliable here
Interplanetary Funk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 19:55
Looks good, I was thinking of writing a LIB to replace all the functions that use old c strings and replace them with ones that use the STD library strings. Any more info on what else you'll include? (e.g. a function that makes an object or sprite look at a certain point in 3D space or one that rotates the camera around an object instead of on its axis etc.)
Serial Velocity
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I literally started this project yesterday so the command list isn't large, but this will probably expand to a library for enhancing all parts of DarkGDK, hell it could become an OOP wrapper .

Interplanetary Funk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 22:37
That would be nice, I'd love object oriented functions. it would make life SO much easier =)
zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 23:59
^You could easily wrap the functions yourself!
Ontopic: Neat work Serial Velocity. Looking forward to seeing what you will accomplish.
Serial Velocity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2010 23:42 Edited at: 10th May 2010 17:44
Sorry it took so long but here's the first version of the library, which has 14 functions and documentation.

Function Listing:

Let me know if there are any bugs in the library, examples are included in the documentation.

GDKUtilities, a utility library for DarkGDK, avaliable here

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloaded and now testing.

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 02:23:28
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 02:23:28