Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problem loading textures?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 19:49 Edited at: 24th Apr 2010 19:51
I've been messing around with DGDK for about a week now and decided I'd get comfortable with the 3D functions before I trap myself in 2D dev, however, I've run into a problem when trying to apply a texture to my model, it simply stays white.

heres my code:

sorry if I'm becoming the forum pest, but I really have been wanting to do some game dev for a while now and really want to learn.

edit:
I have searched the forum, but none of the solutions helped (I looked at every result).
Serial Velocity
Years of Service
User Offline
What seems to lack in DarkGDK is error reporting, it silently fails if say an image failed to load or whatever. You need to impliment this yourself using something like:

Make sure your image files are situated in the same directory as your vcproj file, so that DarkGDK can find it.

Interplanetary Funk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 22:15
I've done that, and its still saying the image has loaded, so I don't know what's going on =S
Serial Velocity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 23:26 Edited at: 24th Apr 2010 23:27
Maybe there's something wrong with the model. Try creating a cube with dbMakeObjectCube() and texture that.

One last thing, dbScaleObject() uses a scale of percentages, not units, so your scaling it to 1% its original size; I would fix that

Interplanetary Funk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 23:52
It exported as a VERY big model, it's ridiculously hug.
Interplanetary Funk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 23:54
Yeah, it works on a cube, so I'm guessing there's something wrong with the model -.-
Kaichiro
Years of Service
User Offline
I've just recently had the same problem as you. I spent almost a week trying to texture a .x model, but simply said, I hit the drop dead date and dropped the models thing. My whole game is using primitives now and it works just fine. As I understand it, DarkGDK cannot texture models (.x anyways...), but can load pre-textured models. If you can go back to your editor and texture them before exporting them, then it's problem solved.

The DarkGDK sample projects have a few instances where they texture models using dbTextureObject, but I simply have not been able to reproduce those results on any level other than on a dbMakeObjectBox().

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 01:59:45
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 01:59:45