Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / HUNTED-1st level 85% complete.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 02:09 Edited at: 26th Apr 2010 08:56
My game iv started working on,started as just a quick level to show some entities from the gore pack but have now decided to work off it and make a short 3 episode game consisting of 5 levels each,hope to make it a cross between fear and doom 3(without the graphics of course) my 10 yr old kid crapped his pants when i showed him the level as it is so far(bearing in mind he watched me play through fear)i have realized sound is the greatest tool to use in a game,theres nothing worse than the sound of a screaming baby in a dark basement,i wont be using mods,i want to make this the best i can with MY knowledge of the creator and to show that you dont always need a mod to pull something off.There should be a vid of my tweaked level on youtube by the end of the week,

It will be horror based and want to make full use of the physics and spawn trigger entities.
I have seen lots of cool games from the forum members which are and will be far superior than what i plan to do,but the main thing is that i will enjoy creating this and that is the sole purpose in the creation of fps creator
I will post the story etc. when i complete Level:1
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 02:14 Edited at: 26th Apr 2010 08:46
Another pic-[img]null[/img][img]http://URL=http://img52.imageshack.us/i/snapshot14.jpg/][/URL][/img][img]null[/img][img]null[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[img]null[/img][img]http://[/img]
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 02:19 Edited at: 26th Apr 2010 08:35
one more[img]null[/img][img]http://[/img]
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 02:30 Edited at: 26th Apr 2010 02:30
Nice but you need to post in jpg. I have taken the liberty to make your first screenie jpg.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 02:33 Edited at: 26th Apr 2010 02:53
oh,ok,thanks for doing that,cheers))))
Im a screeni virgin
Bit of a duff question how do you make your pic show up?i converted my pics but when i click view a pop up appears to look for programme to view pic but when i click download it shows..mmm.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 06:28
host it on imageshak.us and then copy the url and paste it between the [/img] tags (click on the image button at the top).

A.N STUDIO'S
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 08:28 Edited at: 26th Apr 2010 08:40
Ah,gotcha,thankyou for the tip
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 21:49
Quote: "Ah,gotcha,thankyou for the tip"

A bit off topic, but there is a better way:

Just upload it regularly. Then, view your image, copy the URL, and edit your post to include that image.

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 09:34 Edited at: 27th Apr 2010 09:39
Seriously how is that off topic?im thanking him for showing me how to post a pic of my game in progress on a my game in progress thread,i really dont know why i bother with this forum,i quit the forum as of today.
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 09:52
If you do that,you are officialy stupid. No really,why would you ever quit just because someone says something you don't like? So what,if your boss will say do something,will you say "i really dont know why i bother with this job,i quit the job as of today" too?

BTW the game looks good,but needs more entities and some better lighting.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 14:39
Quote: "No really,why would you ever quit just because someone says something you don't like?"

Oh yeah, you're one to talk Chargerbandit.

But yeah, I didn't even say it was bad. I even participated in the off-topic-ness.

But yeah, for the game, I would change the lighting, it's bit bland, and that cave scene could use more entities. Also, shake it up, don't just add random gore every where.

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 14:48
That has nothing to do with my case.

Keep it up,place some entities and some lights and it will look better.

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 20:29
ok,sorry guys i was being an ass,thanks for the comments
with the lighting,for some reason my static lighting takes ages to load than dynamic and thats why i use dynamic cos it loads quicker,someone also told me i didnt know what i was on about when i mentioned that to them
Also thats what i need to work on is the entities and lighting,the actual design start to finish is complete along with triggers,like i said im building off a quick level i did to show some entities from the gore pack,thus being,i need to move a few things around i.e the random gore and like you said add some more entities.
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 21:09
Go to Files-Preferences and turn on Quick Lightmapping. It will build static lights much faster while still having awesome quality of shadows.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 22:53
Also, don't use the stock lights. Use custom colors, they come out much better.

Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2010 22:16 Edited at: 7th May 2010 19:56
I have now decided to halt this project until the migration arrives just incase it screws the whole thing up at least if it does i can start over easy being as im at an early stage of the game,also im upgrading my system in a couple of weeks which would give much,much better performance than what i have now and which would also allow me to add LOADS more to the game and make it as close to my vision as possible,enough of me flapping on
Deevos Cranium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2010 22:35
CANCELLED AS IV HAD ENOUGH OF PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.
please delete this thread moderater

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 16:36
Quote: "CANCELLED AS IV HAD ENOUGH OF PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM."

ummm... what? what's wrong with the people here?

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 05:59:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 05:59:06