Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I want to make level 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi i want to add a level to my game. Im not sure how to do that. I want level 2 to be the same as level 1. Can someone help me please. Thank you
ysuleman
Years of Service
User Offline
its not letting put my code. it says your message appears to contain bad language

Attachments

Login to view attachments
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Paste some code here to see how you managed to get to first level.We need to know your system mechanics to help you.Thank you too.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
ysuleman
Years of Service
User Offline
the 2nd post has a download link fro the file
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 15:20
Quote: "it says your message appears to contain bad language"

Lol!

Unfortunately, you used the variable name 'Steps Hit' (but without the space). The forum's swear filter simply spotted the last four letters.

This happens occasionally and there's little that can be done about it - other than you searching and replacing all occurences of it with 'Steps_Hit'.

As for your problem, you'll find it much easier to achieve if you use a standard layout for your program. Too many Do..Loops - you normally only need one!

Check out tutorial 2 here for more info:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

If you have a subroutine you jump to which sets up a level, you can pass the required level number to it. This is made easier if all of your levels are defined in files which you load in as required. These files are then used by the subroutine to build the levels as required.

TDK

luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
It`s bed time now and i didn`t read your code very carefuly, excuse me for that.I have to go early in the morning, but also wanted to reply here.

So my question is are you good with using primitives only?
Do you consider to replace them at some point?
Because if you are good with primitives, i`m making level editor for myself and haven`t builded object library yet, it uses dbpro primitives, so there is not much i need to add in it to make it work for you.

You can place objects in space, save file, and if i provide you loading routine you can load the levels in your game.Everything is in very basic stage now, and there is no much time to develop it further, but anyway i can push myself a little to help you, so you can be the first ever test it.

That is one solution, but i`m not sure how much time it`s gona take to provide you with working version of the editor, that can be useful for you.

Other solution is to read more tutorials and start some simple project for now(and give me some time and a way to reach you when i`m ready with the editor), i`m not discouraging you.But in general you can`t just ask things like that here.Is not that is forbiden but anyway there is not much people that can help you, even if there is, next thing you will do when they help you is asking about some general stuff again.

Your question sounds like: "Hi, guys someone knows how to make PROTOTYPE II?LINEAGE III? WORLD OF STARCRAFT?OR DIABLO IV?"

Bet on tutorials for now, i know they are pain when you are new, but this is the way to do things right.Asking about complicated stuff like loading levels, specially when you allready build the first one, means that you lack experience and skill, you aim too high.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
awood93
Years of Service
User Offline
Try this. I'm in a video game creating class and this is how I was taught. There's lots of REMs so you should be able to figure out how it works.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:25:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:25:07