Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Camera lag??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 03:22 Edited at: 26th Apr 2010 03:51
Sorry to bother you all again, but I'm having a problem with my game, basically, when I move the mouse I want to turn the camera, I've managed to do this, but when I do it seems laggy, even though I'm getting a FPS rate of ~59, this effect only happens when rotating the camera about the Y axis, also, this effect is exaggerated when the player is moving, I think its something to do with how I'm managing my collision, but I cant figure out how that would affect it as the only place the camera is at all used is in the main loop.

Again, sorry to be a nuisance yet again. but hey, one day I might come up with something useful from all your amazing advice =).

Source:

edit:
Never mind, it seems to be working now (even though i did nothing to the source code)
Kaichiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2010 08:13 Edited at: 29th Apr 2010 08:14
The sample project called "World" included in the /DarkGDK/Samples/Visual Studio9/World folder has this code for you. I'll paste the important parts below, but the code is of the sample, not my making.

Try to see if that makes it run more smoothly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 02:31:10
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 02:31:10