Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Apex help, I can't get .NET to work at all!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 07:55
This is driving me crazy, I have tried to figure it out, redoing the references, but for some reason, no go.. same old stupid error. I am running win 7 64bit, so I am sure it is the error on 64 bit build, but I do not know how to fix the templates like you said something about, can't you just send me out some new ones? Thanks bubba..

[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
Pain Brings Reality...
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 17:04
StOrM3,

I suspect it's just the platform settings for your project build. You need to change it to 'x86' and not 'Any type'

If you can't see the option, go to your 'Tools / Options' menu option, and select Advanced Settings at thr bottom to enable the build configuration options.

This should allow you to reconfigure the build for 32bit (x86) binaries.

Paul.

StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 18:40
I can't change the build options, the only one listed is for ANY, there is no x86 that I can select.. and the tools options advanced you say is NOT there.. BTW: I am running visual Studio express 2008 sp1 edition... thanks for anymore help..

Pain Brings Reality...
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 19:25
OK, listen I got it to work, I had to do this:

I went to Build -> Configuration Manager -> Platform -> New Made it x86 from <blank>, now I have the option to select x86 as the build target. Also, I had to update the references, to the 1.2.0.0 ones, as the references installed in the templates point to incorrect / not found ones.. Once I did all this, and selected to build to x86 target, I can now compile the example new dark gdk.net project.. this makes me extremely happy, I will now try to get your bubbles project working.. Although, I am wanting to see the balls moving from bottom of screen up to position and then see how it snaps correctly, not just hardcode the balls snapped offset correctly.. BTW: thanks for all the help bubba... I know you don't hear that enough, as programmers we are all to worried with just doing something and we forget to praise the people that help us get it done..

Pain Brings Reality...
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 20:28 Edited at: 27th Apr 2010 20:46
but in C# I can't find where to make the changes... ;'( I am about to lose my mind here.. Nevermind, I finally found it, after about an hour of going through every single option panel, over and over. There is an option:Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->General-> then check the box that says show advanced build configurations, then inside the project properties you can setup a custom build configuration by doing the add new configuration method described above... man, this is complicated, you need to fix the templates and stuff...

Pain Brings Reality...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 13:07:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 13:07:10