Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help i'm stuck... literally

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2010 15:27
Ok simple bit of coding, nothing too taxing, using sparky's i have a simple "level" if you will with a sphere as player object, now firstly the player object just doesn't appear

and secondly when i force the object to appear with a position object 2,x#,y#,z# command, the object won't move and i can't understand why

Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II x4 Black edition, 4 GB Ram, Radeon HD 4650, 540 GB HDD

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
The Viking
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2010 22:06 Edited at: 29th Apr 2010 22:13
Ok, the first thing I notice instantly is:

This is where the "ground" is positioned, correct. Now, your "character" is also located at 500,500,500.

The problem most likely occurs because the sphere around your character is actually larger than the character itself. So, your characters "feet" are actually stuck in the ground.

Try replacing:

With:

Provided your character sphere isn't TOO large, your guy should fall until it's sphere collision hits the ground. To make it not so obvious of this fall afterwards, you'll just have to play with the y value until it looks right.

EDIT: The reason the character may not be appearing is just simply that the character is off screen.

Instead of:

Try:

This way it will be pointing at your characters y position as well. Though, unless this is a side scroller, the z#-150 may not be the best idea, because when your character turns left/right, it'll still be positioned in the same spot, and you'll see the character turn but the camera won't.

www.myspace.com/norseblod

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:27:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:27:28