Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / simple pac man game i need help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i really need help on making the simpelist pacman game everr.

can anyone have a go for me or at least help?
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2010 20:40
Hi mate.

Quote: "i really need help on making the simpelist pacman game everr"

Have you start with the project?....what are your principal doubts ?.
You have to start little by little, and asking the doubts you find while you code and learn.You call it a simplest pacman game ever...nowaday it is easier to make a 3D game than a simplest pacman game

Have a look to TDK`s programming tutorials. You will find a lot of help.

here is the link:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

cheers.

I'm not a grumpy grandpa
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2010 14:21
My advice would be to plan it down to the tiniest detail with pen and paper before even turning on the PC to start coding.

luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
The pen idea is very good.And if think that everything is cleared on paper look at it and decide if it`s a bit complicated for you.

If it is then you try to write it step by step.

You make the menus first, in separate project make game mechanics if they are too complicated and so on.Try to make them plug`n`play so you do not need to rewrite or do rewrite much less code to assemble the game from separate bits of code.

I`m making 3D clone of 2D game now and i begin writing with game mechanics first, one by one.Some of them was painfull.Then i write score table with highscore and everything(btw you can search code snippets for "highscore"), i need to make menus then their options.After this i assemble everything and stable it if there are any bugs.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
Sharlenwar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 10:33 Edited at: 10th May 2010 10:34
Here is an amazing tutorial that helped me learn a lot about the 2d side of things in DBPro.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93103&b=1

It is a bit dated, and so you might have to figure a couple bits out to get it to compile. Maybe a project for someone to rejuvenate the tutorials?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:30:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:30:44