Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Image Transparency

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I'm relatively new to DBPro, and I have much to learn, which I will do; however, I've ran into a snag on a little project I'm working on.

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to toggle a map on and off with randomly generated "event" markers place on the map. Everything is going fine except the actual toggle part. I've searched everywhere for a way and the only thing I found was a plug in that's stated in the 21st issue of the magazine on here, but that site is no longer available to download it.

If this has been addressed before then if someone could point me in the right direction I'd be thankful, otherwise is there anyway to make an image, by the number, transparent without using the bitmap commands instead?
The Viking
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2010 23:44
Ok, I'm really confused with what you are asking. Are you asking how to trigger an event, or how to make an image transparent. Also, some code to understand may be helpful.

www.myspace.com/norseblod
awood93
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you mean that in your game , there are several event markers and when you move over them, a map of the playing field appears, and then when you leave the marker, the map goes away? If that's the case then the 'hide object' command should work, I think. I'm new too and haven't ever really used this command so correct me if I'm wrong here.
The Viking
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2010 02:00
That depends. If you want to use a marker which is invisible, then yes, hide object will work for you to walk on it and trigger something. However, if you want it to only be a one time activation, after you would have to use exclude object.

Hide Object will hide it from view, but it will still be included in each loop. Exclude Object will not include it in the loop, therefore, you won't activate it.

www.myspace.com/norseblod

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:23:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:23:49