Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] Tutorial Question - Dark Invader - Processing Order and Timing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to adjust my linear thinking of code to the new methods that have evolved since I first started programming in the early 80's (I only missed 20 years of evolution!!).

In the tutorial the main loop checks for game state change and then dbSync to whatever is in the queue to be updated. During the gamePlay() function do I correctly interpret that this function is simply cycled through again and again and each cycle causes an change in the position of the player and bullet (if appropriate) and it is the cycle speed that makes it look like continuous motion or is the code in some way splitting separate threads to handle the ship and bullet movement independently?

If my assumption above is true do I want to plan for code to support the maximum frame rate I plan to support in the game or should I go higher/lower and why?
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 20:53 Edited at: 3rd May 2010 20:53
Quote: "dbSync"

This is the DB Pro Newcomers board. There's a board specifically for Dark GDK questions as it's not the same product. You'll probably get a reply much quicker on there too.

TDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:28:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:28:07