Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / "Doesn't equal" with strings? (or another problem?)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

The output is simply "finished"

My clipboard is "C:\Users\Matthew\Documents\TopHatEngine\ENGINE\Utilities\Image Converter\Images;C:\Users\Matthew\Documents\chessrender.bmp;C:\Users\Matthew\Documents\glockUV.bmp;C:\Users\Matthew\Documents\gloveuv.bmp;C:\Users\Matthew\Documents\skintex.bmp;C:\Users\Matthew\Documents\texture_1.bmp"

(Wrote a program in VB.net that turns a list of selected files into clipboard data, where each item is separated by ";". The first item is the output folder)

What am I doing wrong?
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Your problem is because you used <> for the check. Use only the > and it will run just fine.

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
@Ashingda
<> means not equal
> means greater than

So unless i'm missing something here, that will only make it worse...

Rawwrr. Sig Fail.
Newcastle is awesome
Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
@Mad Nightmare
Actually both would be doing the same thing as it is checking if it's anything other than "nothing".

@tgm4l
At first I had some trouble getting it to work, but now your code just works as it is. Maybe try running the given example and see if it changes anything, it did for me.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 00:31
I agree. I copied string to clipboard and program ran just fine displaying each token.

Problem is probably more to do with vb proggy. Maybe not writing to clipboard properly. What do you get when you paste what you think is in your clipboard into notepad? What do you see in dbpro if your program simply writes out ClipboardData$

Boo!
tgm4l
Years of Service
User Offline
I changed the code to

and now it works as intended. Thankd for the help everyone =).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:29:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:29:02