Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / just for fun

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 14:32
Sorry but I cannot leave this post up. No matter what your respective problems are with him, this is still not the sort of thing I want to be seen actively encouraging around here.

HOWEVER

I will be uploading a new addition to the forum today that should resolve most of these problems. Basically you can add a forum user to your ignore list. All posts by them are then skipped so you don't have to read them. You can add anyone other than mods to your ignore list

The actual reply the user posts will still be seen (i.e. you'll see their name, avatar, etc) but the message itself will be gone.

Who you use this feature on is of course up to you.

Cheers,

Rich

The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 14:39 Edited at: 19th Sep 2003 14:40
LOL if you actually read what i said you'd realize i dont hate him,hence the title "just for fun" i was moreso making fun of the stupid petition. this is the general forum so i can post whatever i want.

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 14:40 Edited at: 19th Sep 2003 14:41
Rich this is the first step to the death of this forum....

Free Download for a Free World
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 14:53
best comment on there has to be siggy 15 (pretty sure thats what it is, but it might be 25 lol)

i can't see the comment, nor voter names ... not that it really matters, upto 36 votes though - not bad for the facts it was only at like 12 a day ago lol

-- -- --

look quite frankly if you don't like me, then why ya'll obesses about me so much?
just leave me alone, ignore my posts, don't talk to me - i mean fgs i don't even goto RGT, most who don't like me are FROM RGT.
Why don't you just go back and leave me alone for once ...

i've been here since i was kicked out of RGT, and quite frankly - I like it here, and there are a good few people who like me, and even more don't give a flying fish about me.
no once forces you to be here, read my posts, or even try to sit there and disprove every single post or just slander me constantly.

ya'll act like i'm some desease that must be cured from Apollo, but you ever stopped to think that perhaps to most people i was just a nobody - no one cared about me, what i did or how i was.
you ever think that maybe everyone was actually happy before this whole "show Raven up" stuff? or this constant "show everyone how much we hate Raven"?

face it, no one cared until you guys came along ... even now most people don't really care, nor do they understand why ya'll hate me so much.

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 15:04 Edited at: 19th Sep 2003 15:05
Well, Raven, maybe you think that you're more important than you are? In every way? Or, and that's quite obvious, try to be more than you are. I don't think you should be banned; because you're funny. Even though that's not you're intention- quite the opposite (and I guess that makes it funny, actually). You are not able to admit that you are wrong even if it's crystal clear that you are. Not even once. And yet you're surprised that people have problems with your behaviour?

Quote: "most who don't like me are FROM RGT."

It appears to me that most who don't like you go to LLRGT.

I awoke in a fever. The bedclothes were all soaked in sweat.
She said "You've been having a nightmare and it's not over yet"
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 15:23
cool, my thread spawned a flame war

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 15:28
Quote: "LOL if you actually read what i said you'd realize i dont hate him"

No, I read what the OTHERS said.

Quote: "this is the general forum so i can post whatever i want"

Maybe I'll rename it then? Eitherway you're wrong, check the AUP.

Quote: "Rich this is the first step to the death of this forum.... "

Get over it. One anal little petition which could land us in more hot water than it warrants does not toll the death bell. I am utterly fed-up with this topic, if you're incapable of ignoring someone on a forum then you have as much of a problem as the person that winds you up. Why do you need to sink as low? Take it elsewhere. I don't want to read about it here. This is for game development, not personal slaggings.

Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 15:46
they might goto RGT but they're still here bitching about me, there's no point in it - they don't like me, they don't have to come here.

everyone else tends to bounce between the two, i don't because i quite frankly don't like RGT hands down... i didn't like it for a while before i even got banned - but at that time there was no alternative, it was RGT or nothing.

... ...

as for admiting i'm wrong, be a cold day in hell before i do that.
if thats what everyone is trying to get outta me then they can just stop trying now cause they'll have more chance getting blood from a stone.

it part of who i am, i wouldn't want to change it even if i could.
but then really most others are really the same.

if you think that i come off trying to be more important than i am then really that the problem of those who think that - because i just post ... hardly sit here and declare "i am the mayor of france and i demand attention"
even if i was sodding the mayor of france i'd hardly demand the attention. I hate attention, I hate all of this crap around me.

ya know it'd be one thing to just be know as the guy who talks crap, like Geri ... sure people attack him, but if he just stopped comming and posted only a little no one would care or remember him.
Over at RGT i'm still "el Vegeta"
quite frankly F**K OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE YOU FREAKS

you think i talk crap, then fine think it ... i don't care what you think, but no instead ya'll have to make a big deal about it as if somehow your proving someone big and important wrong.
Quite frankly i don't care if you think you've proven me wrong, all you've actually done is draw even more attention to me ... something that you guys don't like about me?

THEN LEAVE ME ALONE!

i don't want the attention, i don't like the attention - i quite frankly prefer to just be left alone.

But no this is all like some huge frickin' game to see who can prove me wrong the best ... quite frankly oftenly ya'll don't have a clue yourselves all your doing is looking on the net, finding the information yourselves and picking what information you'll need to prove youselves right.

you couldn't sit there and explain to me WHY its right, no you feel the point is made by simply showing me something which quite frankly a 2yo could find and display from the keywords and also be proven right.

that has nothing to do with me trying to feel more important, i couldn't care less how important or unimportant i am ... all i care about is that you guys actually UNDERSTAND what your doing.
which 9/10 is the case, all that posing and you can never come up with anything at all but facts and statistics.

so i don't bring anything out specifically for the community, you want to know why?
the last thing i bought out i believe was that messagebox plugin, the post specifically said "the plugins is just a quick 5minute thing there are better ones out there, can i have opinions on the accompanying help files though" ... what i actually got were several posts about all my posing and all i could bring out was a stupid messagebox plugin, and that was it.
The only person who ended up actually answering the question i asked was Sam when i asked him about it.

Explain to me why i should give anyone anything if all they want to do is sit there and critise?
Like the models i've scarely shown and not even for general crits, what did i get?

Oh yeah simple ripping one apart with the help of half of the community and the last one seemed to get this too even after saying in the last time this happened quite clearly - if the model isn't in the 3d section or saying i want crit, then i don't want it.

sorry but if my work doesn't feel good enough to me, then whats the point in releasing sod all to a forum full of people just willing to tear it all apart? seriously ... i'd rather have people sit there and go "ahh he's full of crap" than a forum full of a**holes sitting there tearing apart work that i've spend months of work on.
sorry but sod that, i'd rather keep them just within my mates and offline - atleast then i know thier comments are geniune, rather than bias by anything or trying to knit pick for the sake of it.
you give this same crap to TGC - the difference between them releasing things and me is no one pays me for it, this is my hobby not job.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 16:02 Edited at: 19th Sep 2003 16:04
boo hoo lets all have a cry.

and rich its ok man im not angry at anyone hell im just havin fun here, im the forum pirate, i can do what i want by bending the rules, an dif you don't like it then ban me, it will only make me laugh at how much of a sissy you'd be as for this everybody against raven thing yeah whatever, i just saw a cool way to spread my name throughout the internet as uber the pirate/syndicate cyber punk/jedi wooooooah

but note to you raven for someone who claims he wants us all to drop you seem to make pretty big posts arguing with our points, but then saying leave me alone. i think you said that like 5 times in your above post. if you want it to stop just ignore it and it wil go away, its just forum flaming anyhows

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 16:17 Edited at: 19th Sep 2003 16:19
It's impossible to ignore someone who post plenty of post long as 2 times the screen height, thinking to me the new Einstein of computer graphics, blaming at all who try to say something on Videocard or whatever of pc, then , when you make a notice on his works, he become mad and tell you are a stupid one and don't understant nothing of live / computers.
The petition is the result of all the action of this user, simple this, if Robert can talk with us as a "mortal" and not as a "God", maybe we can tollerate his presence.
On my side, Robert was unpleasant many times. So if i can dig Robert, i do it.
This is a forum for gamemaking, did Robert ever make a game??And still talk, this ... better don't say it.
Remeber, if all the furum you visit, Robert, in a matter of time become AntiRaven Forum, it's your fault, not of the other users.

think the topic will be locked after this...

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 16:29
Quote: "as for admiting i'm wrong, be a cold day in hell before i do that."

Well, that's your problem. But only because you are not able to admit you're wrong, people won't stop correcting you. That would be silly anyway.

Quote: "you think i talk crap, then fine think it ... i don't care what you think, but no instead ya'll have to make a big deal about it as if somehow your proving someone big and important wrong."

No, you crack that. It's more like:
- You make a statement
- someone proves you wrong
Now almost everyone else would say, "oh, ok, you got me there, my bad" but you go:
- I am right whatever proof you have, blah, blah.

So if it turns into a flame war, you can't blame those who correct you. You should blame yourself.
And if you don't care what we think, just don't post it.

Quote: "i don't want the attention, i don't like the attention - i quite frankly prefer to just be left alone."

Erm, I know of at least a dozen threads you started, which indicate the opposite.

Quote: "Oh yeah simple ripping one apart with the help of half of the community and the last one seemed to get this too even after saying in the last time this happened quite clearly - if the model isn't in the 3d section or saying i want crit, then i don't want it."

You wonder why this happened? Answer: Because you've done the same.
If you can't stand critique, then don't critisise.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 16:33
LOL @ Rob!

Be careful what you say to Rich mate, he might swap that pirate smilie for something daft!, then all your posts would have 3 or 4 of these little girlie smilies each - not very pirate at all.

Rich,
That's gonna be pretty weird, I mean if you ignore someone, they can say all sorts of rubbish and you won't even know it - it could cause a lot of confusion in threads, especially when people are wondering why you won't respond to some threads. Will it be possible to see who's blocking who, or who's blocking yourself?.

Ohh, while I'm here, would it be possible to ban a particular user from posting in your thread, I mean if you could take the names from the blocked list, then stop those peeps from posting in any of your topics. I probably would'nt use it myself, except maybe on Blitz trolls - but I think other users would appreciate that sort of control and might even prevent innocent threads from being flamebait.

Sorry for borrowing your thread Rob, Rich stole it anyway, so blame him .

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 16:47
hell i dont care van b take the thread i was just bored so i thought i'd troll the general forum and girl smilies would put a damper on my forum pirate image but i like messin with the moderators.

oh and ermes were you referring to me in your post? if you were um what did i do to offend you cause if i did you have my apologies but i dont recall a time :/ and if its this thread that is your concern then sorry dude its all in jest, i didnt start the petition i just saw it on an old locked thread so i thought id post it for fun i dont hate raven or anything

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 16:48
Raven - I don't care how annoyed you are, lay off the expletives and shouting. As I hope you have figured out by now, it isn't co-incidence that you end up in so many flamewars.

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 16:59
@Uberwiggett robx

i think you're a funny one, i read all your posts with a smile on my face.I refer to other 3 users well-know in this forum.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 16:59
lol now everyone is paying out on poor raven. soz dude i didnt think this thread would be taken so heavily

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 17:12
thread by thread... drop after drop... we got the last straw with Robert.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 17:18
I used to find the little scuffles mildly amusing, but now I'm bored.

Let's get back to helping and constructive criticisms, rather than character assasination.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 17:56
Quote: "It's impossible to ignore someone who post plenty of post long as 2 times the screen height"

I know.. which is the main reason I will get the block user post feature up! It's been around since the dark ages of the internet (Usenet refer to them as killfiles) and I think they'd work wonders here.

Van - it's quite simple, you can see that they posted, just not what. Solves Ermes "2 screen height" problem and stops most people replying. If you then start reading posts that make no sense, well, that's the price to pay for having blocked one in the first place I'm afraid. Can't win 'em all, but dear God will it solve some issues around here.

Cheers,

Rich

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 18:05
I'm finding all this troll crap very annoying, anyone who take plessure out of this kinda junk bugs the hell uot of me. Why the hell can't people just drop it? Ya know, the only people starting these posts are noobs, sure more experance members may come later, but you'll never see Indi or Rob K openly start this kinda crap. I could care less if this was aimed at Raven or Geri, or even Shadow Robert (God help us), that fact of the matter is it's nothing but a flamewar starting to happen. I'm sick to death of all this trolling, grow up for pete's sake.

DDR is the best form of exercise money can buy.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 18:23
Nobody was trolling Arrow, it was Uberwigget Rob telling us about something he'd posted somewhere, it just ended up on the subject of blocking because Rich deleted the posts (I'm sure you can guess where Rob posted). It certainly wasn't offensive, it was simply stubbed out before someone else turned it into a flame war is all.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 18:32
My bad, it's just that I see to much of this kinda crap allready, it makes me angry, angry and tired.

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 18:43
Arrow, i don't know if this happened to you, but i was "classed" as a tiny weird thing, a really simple man, joked for my broken english, and some other "small" gentlyness by this poor little lone man called Robert Lettan. You're bored?you're tired? well i'm already like you, but for a different way.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 20:57
I thought raven wuz a pretty normal guy...untill i asked if I should install win XP on my pentium 2 and the big XP lover sprang up and told me its the smartest thing to do..... AND NOW MY COMPUTER IS DEAD I HAVE TO POST HERE FROM SCHOOL COMPUTERS!!!!!!! Death to XP.Anyway i am not blaiming him for that, I sjust think he is a bit funny.

My site is delyaed for the 250th time!
If life is just one big joke...
then I must have missed the punchline.
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 20:59
Oh and I think putting in the post blocker is the dumbest idea this forum has ever suffered from. I mean just imagine how much confusion this is going to create!! The ppl who can read certain ppls posts will reply to them and then the ppl who blocked them will not know wat the rest are talking about! See its confusing already!

My site is delyaed for the 250th time!
If life is just one big joke...
then I must have missed the punchline.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 21:43
I think Rich's new feature will be great. I for one forsee a few 5-page forum speeches I'd like to skip

megaton-- Confusing? YOU?... I'm not going to comment, although it's taking a lot of willpower.

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball
Read It: http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
Learn It: http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2003 23:11
Quote: "I think putting in the post blocker is the dumbest idea this forum has ever suffered from"

It's an option, not mandatory. If you no likie, no usie.

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 00:36
I really wonder why on earth people like "Shadow Robert" and "Geri" bother coming hear at all. They don't *do* anything with DB, just spam and annoy other forum users. I feel really sorry for them - that they have nothing better to do with their lives than spam forums.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 01:02
"Shadow Robert"

???

rotflmfao

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing --- A new brand of Racing --- Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" --- Hamish
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 14:09
whoa thi sthing in a bag is really cool!

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 16:58
I haven't bothered to read all the replies here. Most of them stupid.

However I have this to say.

If you don't like somebody, fine. Just leave them alone. I do agree with raven that most people who hate him do visit RGT, when you mention his name there they treat him as if he's some sort of criminal.

Leave the guy alone. Last time I said that, I was was told:

Quote: "? David 89, i think you're in love with Raven.
When you got married?? "

Just shows the mentality of some here.

c:/dos
c:/dos run
run dos run
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 17:03
lol. I didn't really go to RGT, never liked it and I still hate Raven

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing --- A new brand of Racing --- Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" --- Hamish
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 21:26 Edited at: 20th Sep 2003 21:27
Quote: ""Shadow Robert"

???"
Worst troll ever in my opinion, he used Raven's old handles and basicly stalked Raven all over the place because Raven gave him his opinion on some thing Shadow Robert made (open C&C id I remember correctly). Soon after he began to flame everyone, advocate warez, spam people's e-mail, and call everyone that hated or disagreed with him a sucker of Raven's &$#^, among other childish insults. It's people like him that make me pissed off at others who jump the band wagon against another forum member. Shadow Robert had acctually coned a few people into being sorry for him by using self pity and anti-Raven sentaments. It is for that reason I hate guyes who try to start stuff with other forum members, it's an endless spriral of hate that takes up far to much of the average Joe's time.

@Ermes : I never used sexist comments nor invaided anothers anonymity. Posted pics and calling someone by name not posted by them is a form of invation of privacy. If someone wanted there picture shown they would put it in there Avitar or sig. If they wanted thier given name used, they would set it as there handle. I don't assume anything, I don't lable people baced on superficial traits, I try to keep an open mind on every topic forum or in real life. If I am to truely insult someone (and you'll know it, I don't use that passive agresive crap) it's because there action are contemptible. I'm also not one to insult another just to boost my own ego, if I see a fualt with a model or something I try to discribe it without hurting the feelings of the creator.

I admit that you are not gulty of all of those, I was just pointing out examples of my behavior and the behavior of those around me. Basicly put I'm not labeled anything bad by anyone because I give little opertunity for such to form, I try to be a nice guy and be completely unbiased toward everyone. I have posted a few things that have been agressive towards others and I have been an active member of a few flamewars, but I'm not banged over the head with them becuase I'll admit my mistakes and apologies (that or I'm right, [joke]).

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 23:52
mattman the question is did you hate me 8months ago?
i don't think i remember anyone one here that long ago apart from indi who didn't like me simply becuase of who i am.

-- -- --

look quite frankly you guys claimed that it was me who kept you away from here and on RGT ... fine - then explain why your STILL here?
this place was simple, boring and nothing ever really happened here. It was nice ... most RGT members didn't come here until all the flamewars particularly including myself happened.

sorry but everyone from RGT and particularly older DarkBASIC forum users know exactly how i am. The sensible thing would've just to leave me along, sit there and talk behind my back about me and what i've done this week ... i don't give a sod.
But to come onto a community and literally start tearing apart how it was and changing it to be more "interesting" for your own selfish benifits and taunt someone that you know will react.

-- -- --

i know i'm to blame for continuing flamewars, quite frankly i'm stubborn as hell and i hate to loose.
but no one forces you here, no one forces you to talk to me, no one forces you to answer me...

look i've said this before and i'm gonna say it again, but all that most users seem to want to do is turn this into a mini-RGT.
and i know alot of the longer standing users have noticed it.
the Anti-Raven crap is just the tip of the iceberg, how people post responses to work is getting more and more mean spirited.

i mean look at it newbies are starting to get the "ITS A DAMN BOX ON A MATRIX" treatment, if you don't agree with the masses consensis on things then that derserves for you to be flammed to death - no explainations about it either.
Alot more personal attacks on people.

-- -- --

sure i can be like that, i admit that ... but uptil Christmas i was just one single guy out of a forum of like 500 peoples who was like that. there were few arguments, it was far more helpful if we could help, conversations in the general chat were about stupid and boring things without pages and pages and pages of technical facts, we could just chat.
a time when i'd actually sit down and say "fair enough, that does make more sense" ... funny how i'm more seceptable to say i'm wrong when someone doesn't sit there accusing me like it is either right, or raven.

- - -

yeah no doubt i am a problem for a community, however considering this is the only forum where people are so advesarial about it ... and that this hasn't always been the case in this forum - my suggestion is actually that those who don't like me just use RGT.
i mean what is so important here that you guys want to stay here around "me" anyways?

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 01:35
Oh my god, Raven really think he's the centre of the universe !
Raven, explain me why all this "Stupid users", and i'm in the "stupid users", hate you.
You're stubborn as hell, you say it, and this time you're right.
I think you're a great artist, for PC work, but your behaviour here, it isn't very pleasant.
I advice you to change your way to be here in this forum, and to try to have more friends than enemies.
Try to write "this time i'm wrong! excuse me!", if you want i can send you the x,y coords on the keyboard of each letters.
It's funny, it's like some old american's film, where the big US hero say "Loose? there isn't the word loose in my dictionary!!"

I'm bored to re-write this, and find the raven reply of 3 pages where he says to be the new captain america of the videocard, and he never loose, bla bla, and read the replies of others, with "i'm bored! i'bored!".

Really i don't want to see raven banned, where we have to search to find another menacer clown like he?

And now make your reply of four pages, and feel free to say i'm a weird poor italian who write broked english words.Who does care??

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 02:06
Quote: "Try to write "this time i'm wrong! excuse me!", if you want i can send you the x,y coords on the keyboard of each letters."

LOL.

Oh and it's spelt "lose" ("loose" means something different).

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 02:30
Hmm, I think this is starting to go in circles ... why not just agree to disagree and stop.

Surely you've all got better things to do?
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 06:18 Edited at: 21st Sep 2003 06:19
I probebly won't use the block feature, but it'll be good for the community. Only one problem. Threads sure are gonna be screwed up.

For example:

Guy 1: What do you think of my new game?
Guy 2: It's the best yet!
Guy 3: (guy 3 has guy 2 blocked) It's the best yet!

Alright maybe not the best example, but if you get my point, there's gonna be a lot of unknown "dittos" going around. Not a huge problem(Probebly won't be in only rare cases), but maybe just something to think about.

--------------------------------------
As for the whole Raven thing.

Don't take anyone seriously folks. We all have our opionions on what is right and "righter".

How old are the majority of us?
Adults? Teens? I think it's sad that people can't get along on the forums, and we have to go to this blocking feature. I mean come on, I come home after a stressful day, and the last thing I wanna do is get into a fight with someone on the forums.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 07:03 Edited at: 21st Sep 2003 08:27
Rich I can hardly wait for that patch. That way no one has to even LOOK at Raven. And maybe if everyone is ignoring him then he'll have a reason to go away! And save us 20 minutes of reading useless sh**t

Also if those who don't like him see LESS of him we might see less of the flaming

~PlystirE~
Grim_Reaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 08:16 Edited at: 21st Sep 2003 08:24
ok! I'm willing to forgive and forget, I agree that its becoming pretty stupid and pointless, and I don't feel like holding a grudge any longer. Yes I got pissed off at raven because he tried to proove me wrong at the only thing I'm good at. When someone tries to do that, well I take it personally. But that is in the past so I dont care anymore, and I'm tired of fighting about it. Quite frankly I'm dissapointed in myself, I KNOW I'm more mature then this...So yea, count me out from anything that has to do with this "war" from now on.

I know i'll prolly be called a "traitor" or whatever by the ppl who are still anti-raven, but what can i say...I'm tired of this sh*t.

Anyway, back to doing something useful(music)

Aaron

[EDIT] oh and Raven, no hard feelings.

http://www.grcompositions.cjb.net
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 10:21
Well, i'm gonna kinda come back cause it's kinda stupid to leave cause 1 person annoys me,I couldn't find an account delete button, and i got sober .

@Rich- That blocking thing is a good idea, and will be a good addition to the forums...

@Raven- don't even think i still don't think your a Hypocrit...nm

@everyone- Yes i know i was a total Twat the last few day, so i'd like to say i'm sorry about that. I still do stand for a couple things that i was talking about, but most of it was the crazy man talking

Yes I will be deleting the petition as soon as a I figure out where the hell I wrote down the information, i mean hell i gave about 10 people the link for it during the day, then someone had to remind me i made it, lol.

--Eric
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 18:37
Everone is entitled to a few days a month where our brains can go out for some icecream, a movie, and maybe to the disco club around the block. Let just forget about this, as said before, forgive and forget.

Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 19:12
Guy 1: Heres my game i been working on for 2 years - what u think?
Guy 1 has Guy 2 on block
Guy 2:Hey thats absolutely marvelous. I just started a game, I only done 10 minutes work on it - what you think so far?
Guy 3 has Guy 1 on block but not Guy 2 and Guy 2 has Guy 3 on block
Guy 3: That sucks - post it again when you done a bit of work.
Guy 1: Hey I worked hard on that - up yours I gonna pull my men outta palestine and come kick your arse. - Guy 1 puts Guy 3 on block.
Guy 2:I only said i thought it was marvelous, you send your men to get me and my men will wipe out mexico. Guy 2 puts Guy 1 on block.
Guy 3:Mexico? wtf u on? Guy 3 puts Guy 2 on block

In a month or 2 everyone may well have everyone else on block
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 20:03 Edited at: 21st Sep 2003 20:03
LOL. Mexico, Palestine, yeah I remember that.

But AFAIK you'll be able to see that someone's posted, just not what he/she posted.
Come to think of it, what about "post folding" ?

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 22:07
In which case, how about a link which we can click on, and the text of blocked threads will show up in another window? - A bit like the source code button. Rich has already said that we will see the user's avatar and name, but not the text of the post.

@Raven
If you do make a mistake and say something stupid, people won't hate you if you own up and admit it. In fact, generally speaking, they will respect you more for it.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 22:39
Quote: "If you do make a mistake and say something stupid, people won't hate you if you own up and admit it. In fact, generally speaking, they will respect you more for it.
"

Wow, stole the words right outta my mouth, well not really, i woulda said it in a more aggresive way, but you guys get the idea.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 13:50:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 13:50:29