Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / it's ok to smile!

Author
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 6th May 2010 18:59 Edited at: 6th May 2010 19:05
i'm starting to go through all the pics taken from a great vacation and want to start working on a dvd slideshow for friends and family, complete with background music. i've been impressed with some of the music posted here but they are best suited for games (as expected) and not what i'm looking for.

so, i found myself on newgrounds.com (specifically ambient and classical genres) and found plenty of good music but it's predominantly sad, requiem-type music. after sampling 3-4 dozen tracks i gave up, wondering "since when were pain and sorrow the only inspirations?" 'cause i missed the memo!

my question here is where can i find some more-upbeat music suitable for my project? "The winds' last breath" and "when the sun goes cold" are not appropriate for this (and, yes, you can steal those titles for any somber songs you have that might need them)

by the way, i have found a few tracks here by Da Power Owner that should fit well (thanks for posting them!). alas, i am hoping for a mix a different artists for variety's sake and the fact the final product will surpass the duration of the tracks gathered thus far.

thanks for any assistance here. and, remember to smile sometimes!

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 18:42
Well, I suppose you would have gotten a few more replies by asking to have it made for you. Generally there's mostly musicians hanging around these boards, and seeing as it is thus likely that they are able to make their own music for most needs, they wouldn't have a list of other sources lying around.

Anyway, Shockwave sound has a grand library of royalty free music in lots of various genres. The tracks are however sold and not given away for free.
That is all I know about, but a general google for "free <insert genre> music" may probably yield a few results.

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 19:37
You are more than welcome to use anything I have posted and I can give it a try to make a little something more upbeat if you'd like

"To lead, you must first die in your mind. Let go of life, and embrace it!!!"
Anna1
Years of Service
User Offline
Your tracks are really good
Really

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:12:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:12:42