Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Europa (Fenix Mod)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 22:14
Europa:

Starting a new thread for my game Europa. It's a new game and I am new to FPS but havew managed to make an install program for it, working demo, and screenshots. It is also modded with the fenix mod and works quite nicely as far as speed goes.

Gameplay:

Sci-Fi FPS game. You are the last person left from a exploration team to the Jupiter moon Europa in search of new life forms. After completing huge water filters to sustain the base it was determined That not only did Alien life forms lay underneath the 3 mile ice caps BUT THEY DID NOT LIKE TO BE DISTURBED! Now they are life threating to you and your team! Your mission has now changed from one of exploration to one of mere survival. Use your weapons and skills to locate and repair the damaged pods to make it off the alien infested moon or face ceratin death! Work in Progress FPS version 1.16 Fenix mod. Requesting Beta testers now.

Work in Progress:

It is a very small level right now but I am working on expanding it to several layers to also include huge water filters several stories deep! I have working fog and snow to include in gameplay as well.

ScreenShots:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
well... sincerely..im just seeing a stock prefab with a stock weapona and a stock char.... you should add personality to this, and also you should add something its not stock

Powanga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 04:11
Working on it gotts start somewhere.
Powanga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 04:14
I also have more screen shots and a completed install program. I will be adding those to the website and providing links back here to it. I'm very new to FPS so this is very rough right now. As things change and quite frankly as I get more familiar with the software the game will improve naturally. Give me both barrells the game wont be worth anything gif it doesnt improve so don't hold back. This post will be updated on a daily basis.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 05:43
I would advise you to play around with the software first rather than starting a big or even small project. Look at how capable it is. (That's what I'm doing.)

Put crates, boulders etc in the room. I'm not saying that you should randomly populate the room (as that would kill the fps) but add depth into it.

Read the community guide, it will give you many more techniques on how to improve your levels.

Abdul Ahad
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 06:46
Glad to see you were able to get the WIP thread sorted out though. Looking forward to more progress from you.

-Keith
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2010 06:57
Nice but add lights and static entities as well.

Abdul Ahad
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2010 10:57
7 last screens, are the same scene over and over again...

The rest of the screens are just the same hallway and there is one screenie of orange stock armoury prefab... I am not having very high hopes on this right now. Work on it. Alot. Add proper lighting, customize your level design, make it look more interesting, add static entities and propably lower hte ambience.

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
Powanga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2010 18:20
Well I most certainly appreciate your feedback. I know the game is a bit sparse right now but I just didn't want to be one of those people that says , "Oh, I built a game," and you never see anything more from them. Some people also say, "well,work on your game a bit more then post it." I find that when I post my work, then I am held accountable for it which not only makes me work harder to keep it up. But, I also learn from my mistakes by the observations of others who are either more creative and talented then myself or are more experienced. Either way, thank you for the feedback good or bad I welcome both.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 11:05:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 11:05:39