Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / bug!?!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 20:04
Can\\\'t find this in any know bugs but scaling and collision don\\\'t like each other

I have a terrain I made ( not using a matrix - .x file ) and when I scale it to the size I want the collision doesn\\\'t scale with it!?!?! So I\\\'m using Fulcrum Physics for my collision detection and that works fine except I cant find out if one object collides with another if you know what I mean e.g.

And fulcrum physics doesn\\\'t seem to have a check collision command!

Thanks, Malb

Don't make war, make tea.
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been using fulcrum too and matty's already aware of the contact report stuff. Should he fixed soon - see his thread about updates.

After scaling, I reset the dimensions of the physics objects accordinly and all works fine in that regard.

Hoever, the gdk headers are missing a couple protoype declarations that you will need to define yourself:

Where the second parameter is 0 for normal size values and 1 to get scaled size values.

Hope this helps,

JTK
Malboro Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 20:30
what what? lol

Do those commands set the collision scaling to the same scaling as the object? and what was that about changing headers? or do you mean add the ones you just gave me and call them with 1 as the second parameter and the scaling will work?

I'm a confused little man

Thanks, Malb

Malboro Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 20:30
Ohhh as in he's looking into adding contact report lol I'm a bit on the slow side today

thanks

JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
I add them to a gdk_missing.h and include that file with #include.

Those commands will return the objects size after scaling - when you pass a 1 as the second parameter.

As for physics, I call myPhysics.setcontrollerdimension (I believe its called since most of my objects are controllers) passing in the values returned from those commands - passing a 1 as the second parameter.

JTK
Malboro Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 21:01
Yessssss brilliant thank you it works now, can finally add jumping to my game

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2010 21:03
Are you scaling the terrain after you make the collision actor?
If so, scale and then make.
Also, DGDK 7.4 has the dbObjectSize(1, 1) command although you should not need it for your purposes.
I have done contact reports, I am just in the process of documenting and creating examples which is also how I test it.

Malboro Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2010 23:35
It seems to work fine now and I was scaling it before adding the collision, I just added the prototypes in and called them after scaling and all goes well

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 00:13:47
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 00:13:47