Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / how to get Terrain faster?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 11th May 2010 11:55
meaning , i have a lot of Triangles in my terrain , and for now im only testing and i dont need so much
when i use dbPickObject of that terrain my fps go about -30 and its really bad... how do i reduce the number of traingles?
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
pre-buffer information?

the further away a part is use bigger tri-angles?

how have you set it up? is it one big massive object made of smaller parts or multiple smaller objects?

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 11th May 2010 18:01
just one terrain.. nothing much for it , i dont want to mess with it too much cause i need AEM to work on whatever is given to it , but for testing i do need a way to make things faster to render there for testing faster.

and one UpdateTerrain in the main loop.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2010 13:19
any suggestions?
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm, still thinking

*thinking...Hmmmmm*

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a 3d book that speaks of the theory of poly combining to reduce poly counts - similar to LOD that may be helpful. No source but it does offer pseudo code. I'll try to summarize it for you later, maybe it'll point you in the right direction...

JTK
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 13th May 2010 16:49
tnx.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 13th May 2010 17:51
i just want to remind you.
i am only testing now , so actually this thread is useless, since i can do the same manipulation on a plain or just a cube it will show me the same results.

other users will have to find a way to fasten their terrain using AEM but thats not really my problem.
however there is some progress, sorry for this post as it is uselss for now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 01:21:59
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 01:21:59