Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Silent Hill- Alessa's Hope [Fan Game]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 02:04 Edited at: 12th May 2010 02:44
Introduction:
After saying i would start new projects with my team, well here we are, but its not the "Team"'s project, but my project with some of the "Team" members, i firstly took inspiration off Penumbra, but turns out, that the levels gone wrong, and our model maker's files were deleted, we are still examinating the files to see if we can backup something, so i started this little project meanwhile

Still, thanks for watching this thread!

Offtopic:
I want to request if we can stay ON TOPIC and dont talk about my previous projects that are, clearly, not relative to this thread, i want to thank the ones that keeps in mind this rule, if you would like to talk about my big project list, contact me on Email, but not here, since it wouldnt be a game, it would be you telling me to re-start another project,just.. dont do it

Now that that's cleared up... lets make this things hot!

Storyline

The game is basicly a Survival Horror Story Driven, as you would notice, the butcher has a great influence on the game, you can notice

Screenshots [Resized 800x600, originally 1024x728]

[One of the views in the spawn point]

Features
I wont do a list, because some of this i may not be able to do :p

Level Status
[Stated Above:i dont know how to "Status" a level]
All that I can clarify is that there wont be 2000 levels, as i want a stable build

Closing notes:
Thanks for watching this thread, i dont promise any demo or Full-release,but unless if its not out, youill get a little something off me

[center]

The_Quay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 02:21 Edited at: 12th May 2010 02:21
Looks cool man, would be ace if you created a growing fear throughout the levels rather than throwing it all at the player within a sudden surge, like most survival horror games.

Relating back to the thread:
The scene looks amazing, only crit i have is about that light, i'd throw a light decal under it to give the effect of light rays rather than just that tube light with no "glow".

Best,
Quay

"Isn’t it great when you see explorer.exe die on someone who is oblivious to the ALT + Tab function?"
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "would be ace if you created a growing fear throughout the levels rather than throwing it all at the player within a sudden surge, like most survival horror games.
"

Smells and looks like a cool suggestion, will take it in count
Thanks The_Quay

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 02:59
I don't like it at all, firstly, that light with the worlds brightest illumination map doesn't shine AT ALL, with a fully brightened fluorescant light like that, that whole room would be bright as day, especially with light reflection off walls. read my lighting tutorial.

anyways. there is no such thing in real life as complete darkness, and it only annoys players in game, so brighten it up in there! and then come back with some more screenies to show us

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
well.. firstly, screens are darker than ingame, you so "EXPIERENCED" user should know, and anyway, if i would do that i would be going with "Your" style, wouldnt i ?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 04:26
no need to retailiate, I'm just giving constructive criticism, I am just saying that black is black is black is black. no need for it, and I don't mind if you go with my style, my stile is an artistic realism of lighting and ambience. and yes, an "experienced" user like me understands that sometimes screenies come out darker.

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 05:46
Sounds good. But i would like to see more screens for a proper judgement.

Abdul Ahad
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Here there is a new Heavy wip screen

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 21:40
excellent. I think it would look nicer from a higher angle, not crouching.

Kumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2010 15:05
Looks Good Coltfang!, i Love Silent hill <3

-Kumi

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2010 14:38
GO SILENT HILL! I look forward to seeing how your team made the the fog and monsters.

Silent Hill 4 was by far, the BEST one yet! Every other SH games looks like crap, especially the second!

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/pg.htm
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict" - M.L.K.J.
Stop P&G from testing on animals.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2010 16:40
I agree with Bugsy about the first screen. There's no need for that level of darkness. It actually hurts my eyes to look at it. I understand that screens can seem darker than ingame, but even so, that is still extremely dark. As a player, I'd find it very disorientating to fumble about in there. I'm also confused as to how brightening up a room is "stealing someones style". It's not a stylistic choice - it's a realistic one.

The second screen is a bit brighter which is good (I'd go as far as increasing the brightness once again) but ultimately doesn't show very much. It's a body in an empty room. You should think about how you can make each of your rooms more interesting in terms of shape, light colour and entities. At the moment, I can see the bleached lighting and scarcety of entities getting pretty boring. There also seems to be weeds growing out of the concrete.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:38:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:38:12