Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Please tell the truth

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Many many people have said that Dark Basic is a horrible programming language because it is just too slow. Then on the other hand, many people have said that Dark Basic is very very good. Please tell me the truth fellow users, is Dark Basic Really Slow? Is it better then Blitz3d?
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 18:57
It's not really slow. Those who say it's slow have a slow computer. I can't answer the last question.

This has "Fiasco" written all over it.
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 21:16
I would download the demos of each of them and see what you feel most comfortable with .

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 22:34
Darkbasic is more grown up compared to BB. It has more functions, even though some dont work properly, but this will (hopefully) be fixed in patch 3. As for speed, BB is faster than DB. However it can be compared to having a really fast car, but the speed limit is 80. DB is fast enough for games, and they look good on a decent spec pc. There's no need to get 200fps when 60fps is enough. Hope this helps

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 22:43
BB3D is far better than DB. But in my opinion, DB Professional is far better than BB3D

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 23:08
I have to agree. When I said DB I meant DBPro. If you want to develop serious games, dont hesitate and go for pro. However, if you're just a hobbyist and dont want to or cant afford to dish out $100, I'd say between DBv1 and BB BB comes on top.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:33:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:33:51