Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / using roll on an object for "banking" (g-force effect ) problem ,please help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i decided to add a roll effect to my spaceships but have some problems with my results . I wanted to simply rotate my ship models along z axis(front to back axis) when the models are turning in space , but this is not so simple as it seems in theory. Ive played with rotation/point/roll/turn/x,y,zrotate and nothing works how i think it should logicly, is there something im missing?(i know there is supposed to be global and local coords and maybe im mixing the two???? i made this demo to show the way i move my ships and in the "rem roll bit" is my best result so far for my tilting effect but not how i wanted but more controled result ,if u can shed light on this id be v happy , the white box represents the ship model . if u press space the waypoint cube moves to camera position , camera arrowkeys moves camra
zootan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2010 09:14 Edited at: 14th May 2010 18:47
oops forgot to add the demo ...here it is

ok i forgot about glue object to limb which will work , just a matter of me making the roll look realistic now , ifeel like im learning stuff when i can solve my own posts b4 i get some responces

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:22:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:22:58