Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [LOCKED] 2d, Can someone..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey..I'm not exactly new to DB, but I've basically forgotten everything I used to know about it because I'd started doing c++ in school. I'm working on making a little rpg game from a view sorta like the old Final Fantasy 3-6s or Pokemon or Zelda, and I was wondering if someone could show me a bit of code to move and animate my character using the keys..I can do some of it, but I can't do the rest so it's pretty much useless to me..the character cell size is 24x 32 and it's 3 rows across, and 4 rows down, so 72x 128 all together. Anyways..I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with that bit..it'd get me on the way, and it'll probably help me remember how to do the rest from my old days of game programming. Thanks
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 03:37
Well, Zelda was a completely overhead view, a birds-eye view. If this is 2D, then thats no problem. So what you want is a scrolling tile map?
RebirthAnime
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah, a tile scroller...I've already got a tile scrolling system I'm using but I totally forgot how to do the character movement and animation so I'm confused all over again
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 06:35
this post was locked from code snippets because its not a completed snippet demonstrating anything, its a question. next time post it in the most suitable forum area.

http://www.lunarpixel.com
It's already tomorrow in Australia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 16:42:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 16:42:57