Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / LV21 _ Reborn...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 01:18 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2010 19:32
Hello and again, welcome to the LV21 forum page. This is for all of you who supported my team and I throughout the development of the original. Rest assured, the first level is almost finished, and will be ready to play in a few more days. Get psyched!

Story

You are one of the crew of a Viown class military scout ship. You and the rest of the crew, including at least 10 Axomn Elite soldiers, have been ordered to scout out a ship that went of course on trade route 298. The ship was tracked until it flew past plant WV180, at which point it simply disappeared. Reaching the site after 2 years in cryosleep, you and your crew get ready to be dropped to the planet below. Suddenly the ship is hit with an old ground to orbit strike cannon. The engines have powered down due to a overheat, and boarding Resistance Strike Teams are blocking access to the manual override switch on the engines. You are to report to the captain on the bridge, at which point you will be given your assignment.

Background

The Resistance has been around since the Inter Planetary Government made friendships with the first alien race, The Claves. The Resistance was apposed to the friendships made during that time, friendships that they decided were against the laws of humanity. They recruited some of the top scientist and engineers in the universe to their cause. They developed the Heat Based Projectile (or as some call it, the laser), the Optimized Space Craft, and many other technological advances. They have been at war for well over 1000 years, during that time-span, an estimated 900 million lives have been lost, weather by the cruel, flesh melting Disintegrators of the resistance, or the quantoniom filled bullets of the Terran Galactic Military. Many lives have been lost, and more will surely follow, until the war sustain itself no longer, and crumbles upon itself.

Features

-20 level single player campaign

-5 level multiplayer deathmatch

-20 wave standoff mode

-full length story and cut-scenes

-very high framerate (100-145)

-high quality X10 effects

-intense set pieces

Screenshots

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

[img]

[img]
[img]

[img]
[img]

------

Can you save yourself and the surviving crew of lv21?

------

C&C is welcome!

------

Over and Out... Again

Can you save the crew of LV21?

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151512&b=25
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice!!
i love X10 games!

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Screenies look very professional and good! Too bad I have to keep hanging with WinXP

Screen 3 has, however, a sadly empty background

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Same, dominik XD , still i love X9 i just love that people dont make X10 Super bloomed games with stock media haha

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 17:31
Hmm... I think hat happened hereis the same that happened with zombified reborn. The first one looked interesting, the reborn one looked good but went too dark. Aside from that, nice job!!

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
bobochobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2010 11:20
looks like a good project, though I highly doubt my pc would reach 100 fps...

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 16:31
Well, the screens look well lit up on this other computer here in Canada...

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
Wiggins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 03:35
Looks great! I like the windowsa and how you cant see anything, but there's rain right outside, . keep it up when it comes out, I'll get it!

TGC = The Game Creators?
or
TGC = The GREAT Creators!
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 18:44
Quote: "Screen 3 has, however, a sadly empty background"

A city of some sort there would seem to suffice quite nicely, don't you agree?

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 03:05
Or something else that fits the scene. Is it in space or something?

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 23:38
Bump... This abandoned or you just haven't posted any updates?

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 19:58
Hello Again.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but, that doesn't mean that I haven't been working on it. I have updated the first posts with new screenshots. I have updated the textures of all of the weapons too, so that will be the next subject on the update list.

Rest assured, that this game will not become abandoned.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 21:18
Very nice job, when we will see a demo?

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 22:26
I can't say for sure. I am trying to stick with a "when it's done" standing. All I can say for sure is that it will be out this year.
I will be releasing a weapons demo today though.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 15:52
nice!

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2010 03:47
Quote: "I will be releasing a weapons demo today though."

Any demo yet gears

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Gears of War

This game will be X10, yes? What I would do if I were you, if you really want to take advantage of X10 (and even if it's X9, there's bond's shader), add normal and specular maps to everything, that's what it's really missing. The environments are nicely designed and all but could really use that extra shine..

^^My Portfolio^^
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2010 11:02 Edited at: 10th Jul 2010 11:04
Quote: "The environments are nicely designed and all but could really use that extra shine.."

Games dont need to be realistic and great, only with shaders. Ofcourse i agree shaders give that realistic feeling, but as far as i know only Bond1 and a few (4 or so) others use it right, all others just use it like: Make a normal map over there and spec map over here, another map over there. And most of the times they dont blend with the environment. This levels (wich could use better lightning/ambience, srry, looks good tho ) blends very well, because one reason: no shaders. There are plenty fpsc games that dont use shaders wich were one hell of a experience folowing progress (Lifeless) and playing it (Eldora etc.).
So... If u want to use shaders, check out some tutorials on the net, about how to apply them correctly, going through metal/gold/silver/wood. And so on...

Your entity placement is good. As I said u could add some better lightning here and there. Keep this up.

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2010 21:57
Soviet176 I apologize for the lack of a weapons demo. I thought that I could get it out in time, but I misjudged. I was off on vacation, and I just got back yesterday. I again apologize for the lack of a demo, but rest assured that there will be one soon.

Jingle Fett I would be doing just that, but for some reason, the normal maps I create are not working. If someone would be willing to assist me in the matter of integrating normal and specular maps to the segments and entities, then I am sure I can figure it out from there.

Red Eye Thanks very much for the C&C. I agree to the utmost that the lighting needs some improvement. I believe that I have lost some of the flare of the original in that matter.

I also thought that I would just put this idea out there, as I have been contemplating it for a while. What are all of your thoughts about moving this project to X9 instead of X10. It would move near the time the migration came out. Give me your thoughts on the subject.

One last thing.I have a weapon (assault rifle) that has been rigged and animated, but it was done by a beginner, so it's not of the highest quality. Anyways, would anyone take the time to rig and animate it. I have no money to barter with, but I can design some high quality textures for you.

Cheers!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 09:28:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 09:28:42