Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] [Propane Nightmares] [Thunderstorm - The Nightmares Begin]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 03:50 Edited at: 16th May 2010 17:15
Part one of the Propane Nightmares Zombie Series
(Planned only, a couple of levels have been started. Name is not definite)
Year 2020, week twelve of the infection. This started in the small city, Olysmia. Based in the UK, it was built for the 2012 Olympics.
It all began with a small leak in the sewers, slowly the waste piling higher and higher. The citizens of this Olympic Training town began to catch a plague like disease, killing most of them off. The first few bodies were kept completely hidden in an old, army base, to avoid any attention. The base was infested with rats, a few of the rats were starving, and began eating small parts of the bodies, they caught the disease. The government were unaware of this, and just burned the bodies, not stopping to think about the rats, then decided to leave it alone. But after the illness continued to grow, they began to keep them in quarantine, searching for a cure. One scientist came close, injecting the solution he had created into one of the willing patients. This caused the patient to go mad, have a thirst for blood. After this, they decided it was a lost cause. The government had the infected killed secretly, saying they had been taken off shore to an island to test on. Patient Zero, the original Zombie died after six days of being injected with the 'cure', and he was buried. Shortly after being buried, his skin began to crack slightly, his eyes turned blood red in their closed sockets, and he awoke in a rage. He beat the coffin, however, due to him being underground, only managed to crack the wood. He died soon after hitting his head against the wood, causing a large gash. The blood seeped from the crack into the soil, a normal worm eating the soil. The worm was eaten by a tiny blackbird, eaten by a rat. This rat lived in the sewers. It was also in the family of one of the rats infected with the 'plague' from before. The two illnesses combined, causing slight mutation and a crazed blood lust. This then spread after the rat biting one person, the population of England being taken over fast. A few who were evacuated were what were called 'slow turners', meaning after being bitten, they could live for months fine, then one day, they would turn. This caused the illness to spread, leaving no more than fifty thousand alive on the earth.
Unknown to most, the zombies are mutating further, yes, becoming slower, but much, much stronger... (NOTE: Mutating from 'whorde' style zombies like in 28 Weeks Later and Left4Dead, to the things like the shrouding, classic style zombies and the 'special infected' on Left4Dead. This part of the story MAY be canceled, depending on how many people like the idea)

Brief;
You must escape from the city, after being barricaded in the metro style theatre for the first couple of weeks of the world wide infection. After the radios went dead, you decide to escape, having searched the theatre many times. You are lucky, as only few zombies are left in the theatre, most of them having left after there was no one left to eat. Clear out the building, and you can either search for guns, or go straight out of the Theatre fire exit. After that, your journey is unknown...

The game is in very early development, the pictures are low quality, but bearable. They are snap shots from the theatre room, before any zombies were placed.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
we need JPEG screenshots..

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 09:39
The story sounds relatively promising, but as Coltfang commented, it is a requirement for screenshots to be in JPEG format. I'm quite interested in seeing where this goes though! Good luck.

Off topic, but does your title, Propane Nightmares, have anything to do with the Pendulum song?

-Braden

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 09:50
lighting leaves a lot to be desired. looks okay. story is amazing.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 16:20
Oh yeah, sorry about the screenie.

@Braden 713
I was unaware that Propane Nightmares was a song, youtubing it now. Anyway, the name isn't definate.

@Bugsy
Like I said, early days. The lighting is pretty low quality, I'll be sorting this out soon. Also, thanks for sorting out the screenie, I'll be adding that to the main post :3

Yeah, I've been working on the second level, not screenie worthy yet, but I'm having it in the city. I will also be adding a few cross-terrain segments. Eg; on roundabouts, it can have grass in the middle, etc. If anyone has any segments or entities that they want featured in the game, I will give credit. (Long shot xP)

Sorry about slow posting, currently got the annyoing new member limit thing :L
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 18:54 Edited at: 16th May 2010 17:15
I have a pretty bad problem D;
When I hcanged the ambience, it wouldn't work on the test level (It has for me in the past). So I edited C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame\setuplevel.fpi to Ambience:1 AmbienceRed:15 AmbienceBlue:25 AmbienceGreen:25 the floor and roof go pitch black. As do a couple of doors. But none of the walls, entities or my sight go dark. EDIT: Fixed myself :3
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 23:07 Edited at: 16th May 2010 17:32
I found out what the problem was. It is the Metro Theatre pack.
Currently, I am comsidering rewriting the story, as I cannot currently use the pack.

Fixed.
bobochobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2010 12:02
The story is imaginative, although somewhat hard to believe, espcially the part where they 'dump the bodies in sewers'.

I like this bit though:
Quote: "Shortly after being buried, his skin began to crack slightly, his eyes turned blood red in their closed sockets, and he awoke in a rage. He beat the coffin, however, due to him being underground, only managed to crack the wood. He died soon after hitting his head against the wood, causing a large gash. The blood seeped from the crack into the soil, a normal worm eating the soil. The worm was eaten by a tiny blackbird, eaten by a rat. This rat lived in the sewers. It carried the disease into the place the bodies had been dumped. "

Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2010 17:02 Edited at: 16th May 2010 17:21
Meh, I wasn't too sure about the sewers bit either, but it was the only thing I could think of at that moment. I'm working on the lighting, story and the zombies scripting atm (I have the zombie Apocalypse pack, just need to edit the ragdoll, as they go halfway through walls so often).

Edit: Story has been edited to fit the realism better!

NOTE: The screen shot is currently out of date. I have edited the lighting and the general layout of that area. Just getting a couple of things together for the map. Bloom will be in use here.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 16:43
The story is ok. I don't think it's like very unique as it's zombies again, and all the worm, bird, rat thing sounded a bit unnecessary. But it was good, I'm not saying it would stick out from the mass of stories in here, but it's good, very good.

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 19:49 Edited at: 17th May 2010 19:51
:L Well, I love Zombie Games, and I know there is ALOT of them around. But most of the FPSC ones are small, and not many were really completed to the standard that I like the games. Yes, Zombies are not really original, but even some of the professional zombie games (Left4Dead 1+2 mainly) get extremely boring. This is because, on Left4Dead, there is only four seperate levels, (5 including Crash Course, which is extremely short and nowhere near to the standards of the others, plus it is a 'buy' pack, sperate to the actual game) To complete the entire L4D game would take no longer than five or six hrs, (each one having an adverage play time of 45 - 75 mins), and they get extremely boring after the first few completeions. On my game, I am aiming for about 24 Hrs or more adverage playing time, with dozens of maps. (I have decided agianst my original plan of 15 maps tops) This is so that people can ACTUALLY save mid game and then reenter the game hours later, without having to start again, as you do on L4D. So yes, my game is not TRULY original, but it will have some things that you can play again and again. Also, I am thinking of having true warfare (with living people) in the game, amongst the Zombies (mainly to do with people believing they can or cannot be cured. The story to that WILL be released further into the games programming.) I appreciate your comments, but I am aiming for it to have SOME original aspects.

EDIT: Sorry for typos, I typed this in about two or three mins.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 22:06
"Something's tearing me down, and down, can't help but feel it's coming from you..." You got me started, is the name Pendulum inspired much lol?

Story is great, but the screenshot really doesn't prove much, it just looks like a cinema room to me .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
"Death is a surprise party. Unless, of course...you're already dead on the inside." - John Kramer, SAW III
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 22:33
The cinema was before anything had been done on lighting or the zombies. As I posted a bit earlier, the screenie of the cinema is VERY out of date. The name actually wan't Pendulum inspired :L I hadn't heard of teh song, until it was pointed out in the post. But yeah, the music vid of the song, or at least the start actually reminds me of a Zombie film. xD
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 15:37
Quote: "Well, I love Zombie Games, and I know there is ALOT of them around. "

I love zombie games too, and I am not saying there is anything bad in there, it's good!

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 18:57
:L I know, just I had to point that all out to ANYONE who came here and thought 'Oh, another Zombie Game. Great' ;3 Anyway. I am onto level two, doing a good section of the town. The mapping'll probably take a good day or two, and since some days, I just can't be bothered to build my game, it could be a bit before my level is screen shot worthy. Level one is complete, but it is very dark.
There is blood spatter around the room, but it is really not noticable from the angle I took the screenie from. Uploading it in JUST a second.
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 19:15
Well. My little brother wanted a go on FPSC. I said in a second. Three mins later, he turned my PC off at the button. My dad told me to let him on the editor. He deleted the entire first level and the half of level two I had made.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 15:37
Quote: "He deleted the entire first level and the half of level two I had made."

Thank god I have no little brothers... only a big brother who moved away a long time ago and two little sisters, who aren't interested in such stuff... and I have my own comp, that they can't use anyway...

Heimo Vesa ROCKS!!!!!
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 22:22 Edited at: 20th May 2010 20:09
:L Well, everyone has their own lappy, but currently, only ONE PC.
Since me and my brothers are the only gamers, we are the only ones who use them. My dad is buying a new computer, and I get the better one. But yeah, my laptop can run FPSC, but for whatever strange reason, not Fenix mod. Requirements must be different for it, ;P
Hmm, back to my game, thinkling of getting Project Blue. Is it better than Fenix mod? Basically. SHOULD I BUY IT? If not, why, and should I stick to Fenix?
darkhero12
Years of Service
User Offline
can you give us a demo.

DGS-Dark Game Studios
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 18:07
I'm working on a demo atm, actually.
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2010 21:36
The game has been put on hold for now, while I sort out a couple of bugs in the system.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:53:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:53:11