Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / You-Tube Videos?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This thread may not belong here, sorry mods, but I see alot of you use you-tube to show your game's progress; so I figured this would be a good place to put it...

How do you guys do it? I searched the web and found links for Taksi (a screen recording open-source program) and NCH's Debut software (also free) but which of these, or what other options should I be looking into?

I want to provide a you-tube video to show the progress of "Captain Ooze: The Captain Arrives" and need a little bit of guidence in this...

Any suggestions, or recommendations?

JTK
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2010 12:29
Get 'fraps', its free for 30 second videos, you can always make a few 30 second videos and edit them together, thats what I do.

helpfull programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

Helpfullprogrammer here (http://www.youtube.com/user/helpfullprogrammer) and I use the registered version of "hyper-cam", it is a brilliant screen recorder with more features then you can wave your fist at... there is a free version out there which has a tiny logo in the top left hand corner.

This is what I use.
from helpfullprogrammer.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 16th May 2010 14:06
and you have Xfire, the only problem with Xfire , is that it has to be comptiable with DarkGDK Engine, we should ask them to enable us to record demos. Xfire has no limitations and can go up to 10 gigas and more of Video with Sound and Video and not too hard on the FPS like Fraps.

maybe we need to.. hmm
do a patition or petition.. well i dont know if thats even the right word..
you know the draft where everyone sings thier name so the Xfire developers can make us a DarkGDK game layer inside when we are playing, i dont think it will be so hard for them as they do it with every game that comes out to the market , and we can all benefith from it , both us users and Xfire.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2010 14:53
frap's videos quality are too high, so they are very large and consume alot of FPS, i think there is a program called gamecam, it consumes really low fps, but the quality is not that hight, and its free

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 06:59
I use Fraps.

Record your video during gameplay, then edit it in Windows Movie Maker. When you publish the movie from within movie maker, you can have it compress the final product or keep it at "good" quality. Either way the published version will be much smaller in file size and lower quality (not that the lower quality really matters once it makes it to YouTube) while keeping the original smooth framerate.

Fraps doesn't cost a lot... I consider it a good investment.

The one and only,

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 17th May 2010 13:30
Plystire, are you a ninja?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 01:00:31
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 01:00:31