Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FPS problems...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 12:04 Edited at: 17th May 2010 15:50
Hey guys. I'm new here and this will be the first out of my many noobish questions. So i'm tring to do a FPS. My first question: How do i make a camera stick to an object? (the object will be in this case the player). And is this the right procedure? To glue a camera to the player?

Above is the code. Not mine, it's from a project in dbpro.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 16:09
First of all, welcome to the forums.

As for the camera, I suggest you start here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

Number 17 will probably tell you all you need to know and the others will probably answer all the 'noob' questions you will have in the next few weeks.

(I also have another tutorial which covers lots of different camera control methods, but I've not put it on my web site yet).

Having said that, I have to also say that I think you are making a very big mistake if your FPS is your first ever project with DB. Writing one is a huge task even for an experienced programmer.

I suggest you aim your sights a lot lower to start with. Learn the basics first (the other tutorials at the above link will help with that). Plus, I've started putting some new 2D tutorials on my web site at www.tdkman.com, so check them out too.

Alternatively, you may prefer to learn the hard way - like many do - and waste a good few weeks trying to write your FPS!

Good luck...

TDK

Danny FPS
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the link man. I've been searching for something like this but i haven't found anything as comprehensive as this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:26:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:26:12