Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FPS game help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, this is my first game i write myself besides pong xD, i need help with the following points:
1. If i make collission to my building, it just stays moving in and out fast, any ways that i can make it smooth?

2. I have 2 maps, the map.dbo is bright but the building has no texture and the map.x is very dark :S any way i can solve it?

3. If i walk to my building, jump and point my gun on the ground, i fly through the wall...

4. If i point my gun up, i can stay turning 360 degrees...

game is in the attachment

Attachments

Login to view attachments
harmyboy
Years of Service
User Offline
now i use the collision dll http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=5&t=74762&p=0 but my object is stuck in the ground :S any help?
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2010 02:19 Edited at: 27th May 2010 02:28
Here, try using this code for your player movement\collision

and setup your map like this

Use the .DBO world model and set it to use the effect "light_map.fx, and your world should look like it should. I attached the shader so you can download it.

Oh, and use the disable object zdepth command so your gun doesn't go through the wall

Hope I helped

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:18:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:18:21