Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / little problems using DarkPhysX with the current drivers of 2.8.3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i bought the bundle pack and got DP, set it up, and got this error:

"The procedure entry point NxReleaseControllerManager could not be located in the dynamic link library in NxCharacter"

Any ideas as to what it is?

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 09:40 Edited at: 19th May 2010 09:46
Would have thought that the 1.05 update would have been on the disc, looks like it not, so go to your order history section on here and download the 1.05 update and install.
plus you can also download the demos that are there.

ok, lets check a few things and see which you say yes I done that.

1. if using vista or windows 7 have you given it the right to run.
2. installed directX 9.0c link here.
3. install Dark Physx update 1.05.
4. activated Dark physx with Dark physX key not the DBPro one.
5. downloaded the latest Nvidia physX drivers, link here

if you say yes to everthing above then I'm stumped on what to do next.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Lover of games
Years of Service
User Offline
wait what do you mean "4. activated Dark physx with Dark physX key not the DBPro one." when u have to do that to get it to work? also installed the lastest drivers from NOVIA still nothining.and which one is 1.05? mike calls them weird numbers....

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 14:17
Are you using DarkBasic Pro or GDK?

Lover of games
Years of Service
User Offline
GDK (Hmm, weird i thought i responded)

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 13:06
then you I think you need to add the dxfluidrender.lib to the linker.

Lover of games
Years of Service
User Offline
just did what u said......same problem, also when i try dark physics with DBPro the graphics seem to like clip in and out as this picture shows, the cube is on the ground as i've create it into a mesh, so in don't know what could be the problem with that as for DarkPhysX GDK? i'll keep trying.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 17:43
check if the falling cube demo works, that'l check that something working, was the only one I could get to go when I ventured into GDK.

Like you its hard to find information on what needs to be done to make it go, that works.

were you using dbPhyMakeRigidBodyDaynamicMesh or dbPhyMakeRigidBodyDaynamicBox, box should work first time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:59:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:59:57