Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Should I become.....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 16:46
The Dark Jedi instead of The Dark Padawan because I've helped alot of people lately so should I?

"Nintendo GameCube is the best" and "DarkBasic is the best program for PC's"
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 16:49
lol

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing --- A new brand of Racing --- Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" --- Hamish
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 17:56
Steve - Sincere apologies. I hit the wrong delete button - I was deleting a thread that posted a virus, and by mistake Deleted yours. Im very sorry!

He said something along the lines of

Can a jedi be on the dark side? Or if they switch to the dark side are they stripped of their jedi ism.

Sorry again

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Porting all files to my new computer
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 18:01
lol!

It was this...

Can you be a dark Jedi? I can't remember if Jedis that go to the dark side are stripped of their Jedi-ship.

The Dark Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 18:43
I meant my forum name you know "The Dark Padawan" Dark as in Darkbasic so since I'v helped alot of people should my forum name be changed to "The Dark Jedi"?

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 18:58
So RobK isn't the only one to delete wrong posts then...

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Come to the UK DBPro Convention in Chichester
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 19:34
Jedi are good. If they're evil, they generally turn to the Sith. There's a lot more behind it than that, but I refuse to look it up, I've already wasted years of my youth caring about nothing but Star Wars and I need a break

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball
Read It: http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
Learn It: http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 19:48 Edited at: 20th Sep 2003 19:48
yes, but if they are trained as a Jedi, are they a Jedi forever? I need to know now. It's completely irrelevant to the original question, my response was a little joke, but now I need to know!!

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 20:21
'yes, but if they are trained as a Jedi, are they a Jedi forever? I need to know now.'

No. The Jedi are an order. For example, hile you may still be trained if you have your degrees removed by the respective councils, you won't have the titles anymore

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball
Read It: http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
Learn It: http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif
UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 20:38
lol it wasnt a virus, the site doesnt even exist
i just made it up to make a point
ahh well two strikes left.....

the artist formally known as darkfluff
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2003 20:49
In the words of Lord Vader, "Inpressive, but you are not a Jedi yet."

A Jedi is the maximun level, to be a complete master, are you that good yet? Have you truely mastered the 'Codez'?

DDR is the best form of exercise money can buy.
Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 02:31
"Inpressive"

That's Lord Vader without a spell checker

Programming anything is an art, and you can't rush art.
Unless your name is Bob Ross, then you can do it in thirty minutes.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 02:34
LOL

Yeah, but would you dare to tell him about his spelling?
The Dark Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 03:16
@arrow nope I have not mastered the 'codes'

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 04:20
Obviously Jedi. Otherwise trade in that X-Wing for an X plate Ford Kak.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 08:57
Quote: "A Jedi is the maximun level"

I wouldn't say that, I'm pretty sure the ranks of the Jedi go:
-Padawan
-Jedi
-Jedi Knight
-Jedi Master

Or at least that's what I recall from Dark Forces 2.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 09:19
Jedi Order - Sith Order
Padawan | Padawan/Juich
Adept |
Knight | Lord/Darth
Master | Master/Kun

... best not to be confused by the Jedi being Sith, because the Jedi Order and the Sith Order are extremely different.
Not just being Jedi = Light (Good) and Sith = Dark (Bad)

but the fact of how they teach thier progenitors and recruit them.
Jedi will take interest and when they become Knights themselves may then take on thier own padawan - however first this padawan must receive priliminary training from a master just to understand the basics.
They may train one or more Jedi at any given time.
Sith on the other hand work as a partnership, there is a Master and there is the Juich ... once you are no longer a padawan you then become a Lord of the Sith (don't be confused with a preist & follower they're something totally different).
You must kill your master in order to become the master yourself.
You are only allowed to take a single student, however they may take a student once they become a Lord.
There may only be a single Sith Master at any given time, the title 'Kun is given as a form of respect for the first Sith Master - Exar'Kun (who was also the first human jedi, that's gotta be the kicker lol)

There are other orders out there, crept up from the SW scene - none are official except the new one in JA (can't remember the name).
Some are good and some are bad... the term Jedi simply is given to describe everyone with the ability to use those hemogloius thingie mabobs. Simply because the Jedi Order was the most prominant for over 1,000 years in the Republic. After all they did win the Sith-Jedi war which is what caused the Republic to form in the first place.

As far as everyone knew everyone with those power was a Jedi or would become one kinda cool.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 18:04
Woah, you sure know your SW stuff lol.

Quote: "none are official except the new one in JA"

The Disciples of Ragnos? There was also the 'Reborn' from Jedi Knight II, however they were merely stoom troopers with the Force pumped into them.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 19:00
meta clorins i think is what raven is referring to as int he 4th sw movie when he tests anikins blood?

http://www.lunarpixel.com
It's already tomorrow in Australia
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 21:42 Edited at: 21st Sep 2003 21:43
Dark Jedi, you will have jedi trainings, but be able to do what you want seeing as your a dark warrior..

Either that or a wookie...
The Dark Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 23:50
a wookie lol

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 11:03
Quote: "meta clorins i think is what raven is referring to as int he 4th sw movie when he tests anikins blood?"

Meta clorins are just a way to measure your 'force potential' I think.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 12:20
yeah the diciples however although they're called Ragnos throughout at the end they're actually controlled by someone different.
i've still not had time to play it to its conclusion unfortunately
so i've just got what my mate Zrae says to go on atm.
Metaclorin sound right, the annoying thing the only time its actually acknowlaged what they're looking for is Episode 1 - and i've only seen that film once. Liked it but not to the point where i wanted to buy it

Metaclorin are used the measure potencial but its kinda like magnatism, it allows an individual to enhance thier link with the "force" as it were. You know like the Gu'ald use Na'Quida in thier blood steam to use the ancients technology making it seem like ceareberal link but its just adjustments of that substance to alter its bio-electrical output.

gotta love all this Jedi stuff, so cool ... about the only thing i'm obsessed with more than my graphics probably know far more about all of it too.

just wonder like out of other fans of the whole Star Wars scene well just out of interest but did you ever honestly think that Luke Skywalker would marry Mara Jade?
i mean i've read the book where it happens, and to be honest she seems totally out of character - it was some god aweful mills&boon or another god aweful chick book.
personally i reckon Mara would've rather died than have to rely on anyone ever again, burnt just once to often and she always has and always will have the dark side with her.
not to mention how she is a smuggler and lives a very different life to what a jedi would and what Luke expected her too.

not being funny but i always felt that he'd get together with that Christina chick from the Jedi Academy Saga... she was more of the girly-girl that would've gotten on with him, not to mention she was there when his soul was return to his body with his recovery.

i know its all silly but after the final Jedi Academy book i kinda feel the SW universe stops right there ... just refuse to believe that Mara would marry Luke.

-- -- --

guess its like the whole Lara argument though, most of the fans believe that her new "gothic" look and darker storyline and attitude doesn't fit right, as well as claiming that she should also get with Kurtis in the next one.

personally i think she'd eat kurtis for breakfast and the fact of her attitude is what she's had to go through.
think about it - how many of you could crash in the himilayas, be a solo survivor in a cold and cruel environment, spend over 10years on your own traveling the globe with your family having turned their back on your and your only friends being your bulter, and two of his friends both of which you know from childhood.
Having been betrayed and left for dead by your childhood mentor, then called to his place and framed for his murder - on the lamb and with some american jackass always one step ahead of you causing nothing but headaches.
Lara got tougher with the crap she's had to go through, and the darker nature of AoD showed it perfectly.

but hey personal opinion really isn't it

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 13:53
Damn Angelina Jolie looks good in a towel, if only her breasts would stop changing size!. I've never played the latest Lara game, but I've heard that it's not too great. I think people liked the almost retro feel to the first few TR games, I mean a lot of the people who were into it probably played games like Rick Dangerous or even Oh Mummy - but nowadays they're selling to a younger audience, so that pyramids and tombs layout is gone, and Lara has turned into Vin Diesel. The problem is that when you play TR 1-4, you feel like your exploring, like your actually running around the tombs avoiding traps, this made it a really enjoyable game. Once the exploration element deminishes, so does the gameplay.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 18:15
Quote: "into it probably played games like Rick Dangerous "

Rick Dangerous was a fun Game.

As for TR AOD, the controls are still sh*t, there were some fun parts in it, but the controls sucked.... bad...

A Dream is a Dream unless it is Real
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 18:35
the controls were good... as long as you had a fast enough computer

alot was swapped around though in exchange for the new stuff though, i particularly liked the new grab stamina and oxygen/gas bar - alot of the puzzles were alot harder with the fact you had to think your way around the navigation.

this is what people didn't like, the fact that AoD is like 20x harder than all of the rest - and the fact that despite its linear setup some areas were confusing as hell.
Simply put AoD was TR for the harden'd Raider only - the puzzled were harder, more dangerous, and the added areas needing stealth and split-second timing as well as thinking about something tactically as well as navigating some complex puzzles ... it was just too much for alot of the gamers.

there aren't many gamers i've heard who have completed it without the cheats - and its the ones who bitched about it being too short you'd find out later used the level skip to go right past the whole section with Kurtis and other levels...
i personally clocked in the games length from start to finish knowing what to do for all of the puzzles and it took me 21hrs - which is by no means a short game by todays standards.

people bitched about the Tomb Raiding, however there are 2 complete and very complex Tombs within the game - which is more than 2,3&5 combined. And the parts where Lara is outside of the Tombs doesn't mean she isn't adventuring any less ... the later levels are HUGE and very expansive. Infact as soon as you get into the Chamber of Seasons that is really truely classic TR right there and things just get bigger, more complex and dangerous from there on out.

personally i think the walkthroughs and cheats for thae game made it stupidly simply - sometimes i feel like i was the only person to play the game from start to finish without cheating or looking at the guide.

It's only the Paris area which was really ropey when you had to talk to people ... but then i wonder how many people actually explored the cemetary as it is a HUGE area if you go around the balconies and rooves. Same goes for the Church there are alot of hidden items up in the belfry - but i doubt many people have been there.

The game has so many hidden sections which are rewarding in thier own way its not even funny - half the fun is finding how much of the area is explorable. People who followed the guide to the letter wouldn't know of them, just like they probably didn't go into the shops before the story inccidents or went into the storm drains in the city centre which held alot of secrets.
Used all of the keys they found and such...

The main route in AoD is only a fraction of how much of the game there is, reading a walkthrough isn't any fun - and it certainly doesn't mean you have to be intelligent to complete the puzzles.
a real brainbuster was the creates one in the strakov fortress/warehouse ... although the bug in the game where the dogs can jump over the gate and actually jump through it if your close enough made me jump a bit
Certainly was a puzzle that made me have to think for a good 10-15mins about howto do it

really it is classic TR, i think whats clouded alot of people judgements on the game have been the bugs.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 18:47 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2003 18:48
I found AoD quite easy actually (except for a few puzzles...), except for the controls (in both the PS2, and PC versions), and the controls would throw me off, alot.

Oh my PC was quite fast enough for, 2.8ghz P4, Geforce 4 mx 5600 128mb, and 1 gig ram.. trust me it was plenty fast.

Fun game though, i must say that, but it still don't beat the side scrolling action of Rick Dangerous .

[Edit]Oh and it was a nice long game i thought.[/Edit]

A Dream is a Dream unless it is Real

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 13:38:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 13:38:19