Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with functions, updating and activating

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, that is a list of stuff. I'll start with the functions. Whenever I try to declare a function, it builds the exe and drops out. the error report it says that my function is not a command (I don't have details due to my second problem.
Now it says requires activation, and says I can activate from CD via the start menu, but I looked in the folder and that button was nowhere to be found. I have the CD in my disk drive right now.
Before I got the activate message, I tried to use update 1. It sayed that all of the folders it looked for did not exist and then said it was a success! I got DBC working fine some 3 years ago and am having problems here.
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 23:02
With the functions, make sure you are using an open/close set of parenthesis and are putting them after your DO-LOOP, after an END (so it doesn't "hit function mid-program").

About the activating, try:

1. Go to "C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Compiler"

2. Open "TGCVerifier.exe"

3. Press "Next", put your email in (Doesn't have to be the email you bought it with), then press next again.

4. Put in the CD, it will check that its a valid CD, then send you the activation code to the email address you entered.

5. Open DBP, and get to the activation screen (I think you just have to try to compile an EXE).

6. Put in the email you registered with, and the registration key you got in the email.

7. Test to make sure that dbpro is registered.

These steps are from tgm4l on this thread.

My green thumb grew the tree my Trojan War horse was crafted from. With roses in our pockets we rally round the tombstones. Ashes to ashes, we all fall down.
Techathon
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!!! it works now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:27:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:27:48