Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Installing GDK and all the other add ons?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 09:59
Hi All

Is is it possible form some one to show a list of things to do and where and what it looks like to install GDK with the following.

1. GDK - this one I know is in the help file.
2. Dark AI
3. Dark PhysX
4. Sparky collision.
5. Dark ink.
6. Matrix1.
7. D3DFunc.
8. Blue GUI

Tried once before but messed up so much that most of it would not work.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2010 15:54
Hi HowDo, I see you in the Physics/Ai section alot
Are you coming over from dbPro but not sure how the visual studio compiler works?

It would be a good idea to just do one at a time and post with individual errors as you get them.
The only one I have used in your list is sparkys, get that up and running and you will probably learn a few things about the compiler as you go.

Let me know what the exact problems are setting up sparkys if you have any.

Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Installing Sparky's should be easy: place the lib into the directory where the Dark GDK lib files are and the header into the directory where the Dark GDK headers are. Then include the Sparky header into the project. If it doesn't want to work, you can try to add the lib to the project options as well. (It should work as well if you place the files into some other directory and only set the paths to it in the project options.)

I once tried to install D3DFunc, I think that is similar: unpack it somewhere and then add the directory to the project options, to let the compiler know where it can find the header and lib. Sorry this is vague but I only installed it for a test (it was working though) and forgot exactly how it was done.

I don't know how to install the other add-ons you mentioned.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 12:58
Thanks for your responses, I did install once but clicked and changed so much that I did not see how I had done it.

Thats why I was hoping that some who have got it going can remember how they did it and where they put the linking information.

I had PhysX going but it would not run any of the demo, only one would go, same with AI, but I think a few more worked in that.

I then gave up after that as it was getting so messy with what I done to the compiler that I did not know what was going and what was broke and resetting the compiler was like windows there isn't one.

So I hoping to make a thread that says this is how you do it so that anyone else who may be stuck or getting starting can read the instructions and get it all going first time every time.

cheers.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 21:34
hey will GDK work with 2010 express version or do I have hunt around for 2008 express version?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 01:04:34
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 01:04:34