Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x10] No Title Yet

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 06:20 Edited at: 22nd May 2010 06:51
Work on this is quite slow as the computer i have, well is not the best when it comes to caculating the lighting. So far I am pleased with this room. On one of the pictures there is a large glow on the wall, still trying to figure out how to get rid of this. Lowering the size of the light will help. I am also thinking of ditching the lights over head, they just dont look right to me. They are unlit but have that same glow on them from the static light. Right now there will be little to no lighting in the finished game and I only plan to have maybe 5 or at the most 8 levels in it as the next game afterwards will have quite a bit more. I am only runing 4x sampling on the card and 16x looks really nice. One question I do have is in the setup.ini file I know having a larger lightmap size puts more time into calculating the lighting, but at what size is really to much. At this time i am running 1024 and 200 quality. I can do 2048 with nice results but it takes a long time as well. About an hr just for this one room. What I mean as too much is what size is it no longer effective and any ideas on what the range of quality really is. I do with there was a better help file on this areas and at the same time I realize it has to be fiddled with. The link at the bottom is to the web album of the images I have uploaded, there are more but I want to keep room for other updates.
*Edit*
I have attached one scaled down image to this post for those that may have a slow connection. More posts soon!
*Edit*
-Regards
--Rick

http://picasaweb.google.com/117312479459121954058

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2010 00:26
Quote: "At this time i am running 1024 and 200 quality"

Well... I would suggest using 512 (and never go over that number. You see...for my own game I' m using 128 for texture size and the lightmapping keeps looking good) and 256 or 128 as quality.

Keep it going!

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 23rd May 2010 02:51
Looks good, I really like the lighting that you have going on. I'm also really glad to see some more interest in X10.

int64_t
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments, should have some more images up soon. I am using y our Mystic Mod, I like it very much lots a great work put into that mod.

-Rick
int64_t
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yeah thanks Wolf I will keep that in mind for sure.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:21:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:21:08