Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / You CAN use fluids in software!

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2010 03:36
Hi guys,

I was a bit annoyed when I realised you couldn't use fluids in software mode (no PhysX hardware for me), but then I found you CAN! I haven't worked how, exactly, but it's obviously possible. To see how I know simply open up your DBPro folder, open Tech Previews, and keep going in untill you find PhysX Museum.exe in there somewhere. Start it and have a look around. Note that you can go under the stairs as well as up and around the sides. But I don't have PhysX hardware and there was fluids in there and they worked fine (bit slow but they still worked), and PhysX Museum was made with DBPro, so it should work with any program you make. The only think is, I don't know how you can make it use software mode. On mine the "Slime.dbpro" demo doesn't start, it says "Tried to create PhysX hardware scene when PhysX hardware not available". If I force it into software it says "Unable to create scene".

Just trying to bore you all with stuff you probably already know

Clonkex

Making games is easy.....finishing them is a different matter.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2010 17:21
nothing wrong with boring us as we all had to start somewhere and were still learn how to use physx.

If you can see the fuilds then smile you have a good graphics card.

Seen PhysX run on 9500gt with physx chip and boy do they shift.

So when you get stuck just post question and will see if anyone knows how to do it.

Plus if a command set does not look like its doing what it should download Nvidia PhysX SDK and see how they code in c++, found that helped in getting the pulley command to work as it does not go in the one line command, well I've not done it yet.

happy coding..

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2010 03:09
I have seen the fluids go on my brother's Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 card (got a PhysX chip) and they really go! Anyway, I don't know c++ so I can't really see how they code it.

Clonkex

Making games is easy.....finishing them is a different matter.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT 512mb, 1gb ram.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:34:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:34:07