Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Where does DBpro pivot an object from?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 03:43
Umm.. So the title pretty much says it all. I want to know if DBpro pivot or positions an object from its center point and if so is there a way to change that pivot point. Thanks.
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 14:37
Yes DBP uses the center point as reference.

You can change that pivot point by offsetting all limbs (usually limb 0 is enough) in the opposite direction.

eg. offset limb obj, 0, -OffsetX#, -OffsetY#, -OffsetZ#

To reset the object pivot you can use the command fix object pivot. It will then treat the current orientation as the reference (the object angles will be [0, 0, 0] for this orientation).
eg. fix object pivot obj

Cheers!
Sven B

Spectre 117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 19:26
Sven B,
Thanks for the reply. I knew all that info already, but after hours of trying to get my turret system to work I was beginning to doubt my sanity. I found out that the program wasn't the problem, but my model was causing the issue. It seems that if you don't center your model correct(as in 0,0,0 in AC3D) before exporting it,the model will already be offset.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:21:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:21:57