Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Has anyone ever pulled off per-pixel lighting in DarkGDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 07:46
I guess the title says it all. Has anyone ever gotten per-pixel lighting to work in their DarkGDK projects?

Keep in mind, I'm NOT looking for a "you CAN get it work", or "it's possible", or "it's not that hard", or "it can be done".

I want to know if somebody has actually GOTTEN IT TO WORK. Again, I'm not looking for a how-to or a "it can be easily done" statement. I'm specifically asking if anybody has ever pulled it off and if they can provide evidence that they actually have with standard proceedures (i.e without having to hack DarkGDK to Hell).

Thanks!
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 11:46
As far as I know, only thing you need to get 'per-pixel lighting' is a pixel shader that calculates lighting.

Yes I do use several shaders that accomplish that, it is not a matter of DGDK, as the calculus is specified in the directX shader.

Only thing needed is to create an object, apply the shader, and feed any shader variables with the needed values to make it work (light position, etc.).

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Who are u really, to post something like that?

Note: You can get it work, not saying its not hard, but it can be done. So it is far from impossible.

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 12:31
Definitly possible and not even that hard with a bit of HLSL knowledge...

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 15:06
Lighting Video

Uses Evolved's shader ported over from dbPro by mista wilson, I have almost wrapped this so its really easy to use, just got side-tracked, I will finish it soon.

To find mista wilsons post, just search 'evolved'.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
You beat me to it.

So u say u got it wrapped up? Great job, cant wait.

Altought is that fps with fps cap and vsync on?

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 16:43
Thats without a fps cap, the pic says 64 fps but it generally was around 90fps if I remember correctly, I'll have to try it again.
The video slows down alot because of fraps.
This was done on my laptop(mid-spec), I was planning on creating an exe to see what fps other people get on better computers.

Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 18:17
Well, I already have the stuff to do it with I was just trying to see if DarkGDK could do it and obviously it can so my question has been answered. Thanks!
Neomex
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I ask something that'll be little off topic?
Matty, how have you checked framerate, count of polys, and what else it is possibile to check?
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 13:42

Neomex
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!

Living for C++ programming!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 11:16:42
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 11:16:42