Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Game Engine Scale

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello All,
I am currently modeling some props for Dark gdk in maya 2009.
What is a good scale to start with. Or does it not matter in the long run? Also using 3d world studio to make the level map.

Should i base all me scale from that level map? If yes is this the normal way to do it.

Also does anyknow where i can give the mesh limit for this game engine..

Thank you in advance
Leroy

Here i am!!!
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 11:20
make any model, and use it in the engine, if the scale is fine, scale everything compared to it

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 15:20
I think the documentation says somewhere to try and have your models between 30-3000 units in DarkGDK.
Like Hassan says, make a test model and export it and then compare the size to a primitive object:

Just use trial and error to find a good size for you.

I have done some stuff with 3D world studio, one block in 3D world studio is 32,64,128,256(depending on your zoom level) units in GDK if I remember correctly.

3dmasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the responce guys,
So from both of your answers i am ok use just about any scale that works for me. Right? So maybe scale around the character size would be a good scale to work from.. Sound ok to you guys.

So building the buildings, objects, machines, cars and plans around the scale of the character. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Leroy

Here i am!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 00:56:51
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 00:56:51