Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Un-Textured Plants from Plant-Life

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 15:35
My plants are shaped like the texture but are white Any ideas to the problem? ( picture attached )

I had to load the texture in the code, the texture wouldnt load with the .x model even after copying the texture file to the working directory.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 15:43
not sure, but it looks like the problem is with the transparency? have you tried changing dbSetObjectTransparency(objectnumber,6); (6)? try to change the flag, i think 1 is good for you

JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
I had this problem too. It was something to do with the way I was exporting the .x file in plant life. Also, I found that flag 3 works well in my case...

JTK
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2010 21:20
Changing the flag doesn't fix the problem.

Exporting doesnt have many options. I tried changing the format to dbo but get the same result.

I attached a copy of the X file and texture.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. I've downloaded your .X file and used it as is... Here's the source that I have it working with - notice that I don't have to load the texture myself...

And you were right, it wasn't Plant-Life that I was thinking of... Hmmm, wonder what it was... True-Space 7? Probably... IDK...

JTK
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2010 10:54
Thanks for the help! I now know the problem is with my code and not the model. I can run your example with no problem but it is still not working in my game. (I did manage to get it to load the texture automaticly now) I copied the commands out of your program into mine but no change, I must be using some setting somewhere that is causing this.
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2010 18:01 Edited at: 25th May 2010 18:35
I found the problem, I am also using Tree Party. If I comment out the tree pary commands the model shows the texture. I just now have to find the conflict.

I will start another thread on tree party issue and hopefully a solution incase anyone else runs into this

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 01:04:47
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 01:04:47