Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sync limit not working correctly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2010 11:09 Edited at: 25th May 2010 11:23
hello, i have a wierd problem, i just finished finished buiding my new computer, and installed dgdk correctly and all that sort of thing. well, the problem i have, is that i set the sync rate to 60 ... i limit it, but, when i run the game in this new pc it runs at 80... something that is totally wierd, i have no new videocard installed, i have the integrated one that really sucks.. ill be buying a new one soon but i wanted to know if anyone had experienced this. i just use:

and use dbSync(); once every loop. in my other pc it works fine... 60 fps.
even if i try to limit it to 30 fps it acts wierd and goes to 48 :/... any suggestions? ive tried removing the sync limit but it goes way to fast. i need some advice here please

EDIT:
ive made a temporarly fix for controlling the rate, it works but i dont know if its an adequate way of doing it.
cool for simulating slow motion... although i think its a dirty way of doing it any sugestions are welcome still

hi
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
sync rate only controls the program if the auto sync is off. when you call dbSync(), it updates it. if you were to not use dbSync, the auto sync (if on) would sync to update 60 times per second. if you want to use only the auto sync, just turn "dbSyncOn()" to "dbSyncOff()".

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
http://www.lionsbloodstudios.justinman.net/index.htm
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2010 10:18
yeah, but the problem is that it reacted erratically on all ways... sync off, on, locked to 30, locked to other values, no dbsync, even fastsync... on a specific computer. so i guess it is a hardware issue, since an old version on other computers it syncs to 60 frames, but on this one it doesnt... it goes 18 frames faster if i dont use the gettickcount. oh well maybe this will help someone if they get this problem

hi

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 11:20:16
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 11:20:16