Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How do i render individual vertex's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, just a real quick question. Is there a way or command that can render vertex's for me. Basically i want to make a custom model loader, and im not sure how to go about displaying the models vertices. I know how to extract the vertex data such as position XYZ, but how can i render a vertex on the screen using that data. Should i use memblocks?
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
well, individual verticies, i don't know. you can, however, render individual planes and shapes using matricies. not quite sure the exact functions to do that, look in the help file if you need more.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
http://www.lionsbloodstudios.justinman.net/index.htm
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2010 19:15
i dont have gdk installed at the moment so i can't check; but you might be able to, well, look at the gdk object structure, (sOBJECT or something?), see if you can get a pointer to an ID3DXMesh interface from it, if so, i think i can help you

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2010 20:06
Could you just create small spheres and position them at the vertex positions?

_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2010 21:27
Quote: "Could you just create small spheres and position them at the vertex positions?"

Yes, I'd recommend this as an easy way.
Or you could draw DirectX 3D dots at the vertex positions.
Or loop one temporary object from one vertex position to another and store the ObjectScreenX & Y values in an array, then put sprites on them or something.
Or...
I wonder if there's a shader method to do this...

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
binsky
Years of Service
User Offline
Err i think i may of been saying this wrong the entire time... but i want to like draw triangles make from vertex's and indices. I think the easiest way is to use memblocks, and then fill one with the information about the vertex, etc and them make a mesh from the memblock.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-07 00:24:16
Your offset time is: 2024-07-07 00:24:16