Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What is wrong?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 07:19 Edited at: 28th May 2010 08:12
I read the tutorial by ThinkDigital and TDK on how to create a multiplayer game, so I decided to start, but even having done a code equivalent to the code of the tutorials, when I connect like a host and, after that, my friend connect like a client from home him, the program does not work(it say can not find the sessioID number). What am I doing wrong, any help me? Thanks. Sorry for my english

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 10:10
Hi,

I've not had much time to check this theory but what I think is going wrong with your code is that you check to see if checklist string$(i) = "SpaceInvaders"

It will never equal "SpaceInvaders" though because checklist string(i) will also include something like (1/2) to show how many players may join so you will never get a string match. Try:

left$(checklist string(i),13) = "SpaceInvaders"

Hope this works and good luck.
instinto criador
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Lucas! I will test your tip and I will post the result later.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 18:44
Quote: "my friend connect like a client from home"

If I understand correctly you and your friend are trying to connect over the internet. My tutorial covers the built-in commands which use DirectPlay which is only for playing on a LAN (connected with network cables in the same location).

To play over the internet you need to be both using ADSL (or analogue) dial-up modems or if using ADSL routers, be able to specify what port you are using. With the built-in DB commands this is not possible, so you would need to use a DLL plug-in.

TDK

instinto criador
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 21:38 Edited at: 28th May 2010 21:39
Thanks for clarifying TDK. But could I solve this problem with Multisync plugin or will I have even buy Darknet plugin to have a peer to peer connection online?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:19:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:19:20