Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / how to change to foreing font (VietNamese) in dark basic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can type english in dark basic , but I can't type my language (VietNamese) in Darkbasic . How can I change font to my true type font ! My font is vntimes.ttf . It don't display in font list option !

Toi ten la hung !
floccipocci
Years of Service
User Offline
you mean, making your DB program display foreign fonts?

Hm, I've yet to try this out, since I also need to print out japanese characters, if the need comes.

But if I get it right, you can get DBPro to print out foreign characters by using the codes for that character set.

Give me a while to check it out.
hung
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes ! I mean display foreign font in dark basic . Why dark basic don't support unicode font ( such as arial, new time roman...) ? If dark basic support unicode font, we can type multi language by using
unicode font ( such as arial, new time roman).
If anyone know how to type foreign language in dark basic , please help.

Toi ten la hung !
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 20:38 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2003 20:41
The main reason is probably because writing Unicode text functions is a real pain - all text is twice the size it should be, and the string compare/copying etc is twice as slow. I would advise using sprites for your characters - that way text display will be fast and then you know everyone will be able to view the text.

If your really want unicode characters, you might get results from e-mailing Lee.

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Come to the UK DBPro Convention in Chichester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:11:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:11:41